Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i get a tune...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question should i get a tune...?

mods are in sig..... should i get one?... how much rwhp can i expect to gain.?

thanks for any replys
Old 01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no baseline yet but im guessing 330 rwhp now maybe 340 with a tune ...what do u guys think...ya, no...maybe..?
Old 01-21-2004, 01:04 AM
etc

the bottom of your sig says "just getting started" if thats true and you get a tune when you "finish" you'll need another one. a few guys here have asked this question, how much is " a tune". if you're planning on more mods, maybe get edit and efi live,do your own [finding out myself thats not as easy as it sounds]. or just wait until you're done then do one tune. unless you can find someone who will do it now and give you a discount on future tunes when you get more mods. good luck with that. e
Old 01-21-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

any other input??
Old 01-22-2004, 10:26 PM
etc

regarding...? what mods ? i'm a truck guy, bought edit and efi for a problem i'm having with my s.c. i'm sure there are a lot of guys more knowledgeable about making power here. i just dropped a whipple and some other bolt ons on mine. if you can swing it a s.c or turbo would be nice but that opens up another can of worms as far as tuning is concerned. if you aren't interested in trying it yourself, save your money, find a qualified guy, have him install the s.c and do the tune. i think then you will be "done". unless you want to "build" your motor, and you crave power, forced induction seems like the next step.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It matters on how your tune is now.If A/F is good then you can wait on tuning till you get bigger mods.At minimum you should have a MAFT and A-tap now.