Texas DPS is sooo slow!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Texas DPS is sooo slow!!

Yesterday i went to pay some oustanding tickets that was keeping me from renewing my drivers license. Well i figuerd that by the time i got back to my hometown that it would be cleard. So i stoped by my DPS office and they said it wasnt cleared. So i figured it needed a little more time. I go back this morning and found out that it still wasnt cleared! So i asked the clerk to call to Austin to figure out what was going on. She tells me that the officer that wrote me the citation had mispelled my last name and that it was going to take 3-5 buisness days to correct ! On the receipts that i recieved from the court where i paid had my correct name and i showed the clerk this. I was told that it didnt matter! So i go home and hop on the internet and go to the DPS website. I found a link to the failure to appear website. It let me do a search on my license to see if there was a hold on it. Guess what!? there wasnt!! So i really dont know what the hell to do! anybody had similar situations?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clerk bs'ed you. It takes a few days for the system to drop you from the FTA list. Just how it is. Also we are on a 12 day mailing cycle, so it will be a few days before your license is produced and mailed.

I can look and see if you are eligible while i am still in the office if you want.

Understand that it's not only DPS, we cant control how fast a local court processes paperwork. Even if you pay someone such as the txonlinesurcharge or MSB they will still tell you 5-7 business days. Nature of the beast i am afraid. I realize this is the day and age of now, but the government is slow in all aspects.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Damn that sucks. I went ahead an got my state Id because I have a flight tomorrow. But I'm hoping I'm able to get my license in the morning.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Texas is central issuance, you will not recieve a license tomorrow like in some smaller states. You will receive a paper permit and your actual DL/ID will be mailed to you from our central facility at a later time.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
Yesterday i went to pay some oustanding tickets that was keeping me from renewing my drivers license. Well i figuerd that by the time i got back to my hometown that it would be cleard. So i stoped by my DPS office and they said it wasnt cleared. So i figured it needed a little more time. I go back this morning and found out that it still wasnt cleared! So i asked the clerk to call to Austin to figure out what was going on. She tells me that the officer that wrote me the citation had mispelled my last name and that it was going to take 3-5 buisness days to correct ! On the receipts that i recieved from the court where i paid had my correct name and i showed the clerk this. I was told that it didnt matter! So i go home and hop on the internet and go to the DPS website. I found a link to the failure to appear website. It let me do a search on my license to see if there was a hold on it. Guess what!? there wasnt!! So i really dont know what the hell to do! anybody had similar situations?
Nope allways pay mine on time ahhhaa sorry you left the door open, Good luck with it.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I know I will get a paper copy. I'm just hoping that they will let be renew it
Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well i told you i could tell you that while i was still in the office...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

FORD is a cop, dont trust him.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Hell maybe that's who I need to get some decent information from.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ford
Well i told you i could tell you that while i was still in the office...
you have a PM sir
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate getting my DL renewed
Old 07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Yup well they finally let me renew it this morning. Now I just hope they let me on the airplane.

Quick Reply: Texas DPS is sooo slow!!