LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GMMG Badge Ebay Scam

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Angry GMMG Badge Ebay Scam

As some of you may have noticed "GMMG" has opened an ebay account and are selling the sticker badges on ebay for $9.99 plus shipping. I purchased and paid for 2 badges on 7/6/10 and neverreceived them. The seller "gmmginc2010" had 100% positive feedback when I purchased them.

I purchased and paid on the 6th, and immediately sent the seller a message letting them know to let me know when my badges shipped out. I never heard back from them. I messaged them the following week and emailed them 3 times over the next few weeks and have still heard absolutely nothing from them. They provided a number on their page as well, which was a disconnected number. I left negative feedback last week and opened a case against them, and today someone else who bought a $450 GTO exhaust from them also left negative feedback saying they where scammed/ripped off as well.

They've listed wheels, lug nut caps, badges, exhaust, and other misc things for GM cars over the last month or so.
Just thought I'd let everyone know to beware of this seller! gmmginc2010 is a scammer!

Last edited by MasterTomos; 07-28-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

here's a link for the badges and the seller feedback:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMMG-...ltDomainQ5f100

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...edbackAsSeller

again, DO NOT buy from this seller. Scammer and a theif.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Call your credit card company and stop payment, or get it reversed or something. I've never had to do it, but heard it can be done.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

The phone number listed by the Ebay seller is the actual phone number listed on GMMG's website. That's also their email address. I guess the rumors that they've gone out of business may be true. That's a bummer.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I was under the impression they went out of business last year-you can now longer order anything from their website and I've seen a lot of threads saying the shop is closed/empty and things of that nature. I saw the ebay add/profile and figured they where just cleaning out their remaining inventory or something?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Maybe somebody is just using their information in an effort to appear legitimate. Based on my experience with them, I have a hard time believing they would purposely rip people off. I still can't believe they went out of business. I guess the economy took its toll.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea iv bought stuff off of GMMG directly also and they were nothing but helpful to me. This is like you said probably just some scammer looking to rip people off. Sorry to hear you have to deal with this but even more sorry for the guy who got ripped off out of $450
Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that man

Quick Reply: GMMG Badge Ebay Scam