Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LC-1 to hpt question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another LC-1 to hpt question

I have been searching for a while to find the best way to hook up the lc1 to hpt. It seems all the posts about it are 4yrs old and maybe somebody "hopefully" found a better way. How i plan on hooking up the LC1 is running the blue and white wires which are grounds into the eio and then just grounding the led and push button to ciggarette lighter ground and the red to the positive of ciggarette lighter. but would it be possible to put all the ground wires into the eio? im basing all of what im trying to do off of this

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14424
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you do a search on HPT website it tells you which order the wires go in. when it doesnt work the first time, you installed them unside down. I installed all three on the EIO. If the LC1 is similar to the LM1, you have to buy a USB to serial cord to set your off set in the LogWorks software. then download 3.75 version. That's another $15 bucks for the serial to USB port cable
Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the quick reply i already have the cable just trying to make sure i dont mess up couple hundred dollars worth of equipment. So i pretty much wanna know if i can put all the grounds on the eio?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette
If you do a search on HPT website it tells you which order the wires go in. when it doesnt work the first time, you installed them unside down. I installed all three on the EIO. If the LC1 is similar to the LM1, you have to buy a USB to serial cord to set your off set in the LogWorks software. then download 3.75 version. That's another $15 bucks for the serial to USB port cable
I just installed mine last month. I connected the grounds to 2 different chassis ground areas under the dash. I am not saying thats the recommended procedure but it worked. I then connected one wire from the LC-1 to terminal 1 of the MPVI that was brown wire of the LC-1. I then selected the LC-1 under EIO input 1 & it automatically sets the correct offset. The WB reading looked to be correct when I logged a few scans, right around 12:1 at WOT which was what it read when I got it dynotuned.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt install mine hard. I take my wideband with a tail clamp off whenever a guy in my area stops by for a beer and wants a scan done to his car.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told by innovate to not hook the grounds up to the eio. I have them on the chasse. I have 1 wire connected to the eio and it works perfect.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
..... I connected the grounds to 2 different chassis ground areas under the dash. I am not saying thats the recommended procedure but it worked. I then connected one wire from the LC-1 to terminal 1 of the MPVI that was brown wire of the LC-1. I then selected the LC-1 under EIO input 1 & it automatically sets the correct offset.
THis is the correct way, thsi is the way I did it too. Works great.