Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placing the nozzle in the throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Placing the nozzle in the throttle body?

I drilled and tapped the throttle body and placed the nozzle on the bottom of the throttle body after the throttle blade. I have tried this before and it seems to work very well, but I am worried about even cylinder distribution. I have only tried this with a 100 shot and now want to try a 175. Do you think it will work? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Restricted User

I think you are going to be bypassing the design feature of the nozzle. It is designed to project a spray pattern, at a given distance of travel, and by putting it into the TBo you eliminate the distance. Maybe I am wrong, but good luck.

Charlie
Old 01-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Where are you getting this info from CAT3? I've never seen an NX or TNT wet kit that specified a certain distance that it need to be from the intake. I think it will be fine. Make sure to check your plugs after each run for a few times to know for sure.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulaJoe
Where are you getting this info from CAT3? I've never seen an NX or TNT wet kit that specified a certain distance that it need to be from the intake. I think it will be fine. Make sure to check your plugs after each run for a few times to know for sure.
Charlie is right.If you read NXs instructions they will tell you to place the nozzle 3 to 4 inches before the throttle body.Thats why NX does not make a plate behind the throttle body.They beleive it is to close to the front runners and will not give it proper time to attomize properly.
Dave
Old 01-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

With that being said, I have seen it done with an nx kit with no problems. So, you make the call.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

NX informed me that attomization occurs within their nossel and the distance specified is not an absolute.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:23 PM
SSh
On The Tree

I placed it in front of the throttle blade for an extra measure of safety in the event a solenoid were to get stuck or for some other reason the N2O system did not shut off.

http://shiggins.bounceme.net/picture...2o_nozzle3.jpg

Other pictures:
http://shiggins.bounceme.net/pictures/
Old 01-22-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I call NX today and asked them what would be the best place to install the nozzle, in the throttle body or before the throttle body. He informed me that the best place is before the throttle body, at least an inch.
There you go. Like I said, I did have it mounted in the throttle body and had no problems. I also know that it is sheer luck that you get a hold of someone that knows anything when you call NX or NOS.
All that being said, I installed it about 2 1/2 inches before the throttle body. Thanks for the responses.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably a wise choice. Sounds like u get the safety and even distribution, if either was an issue.