View Full Version : Throwout bearing noisey

amflaneman
01-21-2004, 12:22 AM
I have a 2001 ss camaro. I've installed a centerforce dual friction clutch and pro 5.0 shifter. I posted a thread about the shifter making noise and the clutch that is hard to get in gear, but I also forgot to mention that before I changed clutches that the throw out bearing also made noise(when in neutral and with clutch pedal up). When I dropped the tranny I noticed that where the throw out bearing slides on was starting to ware. I put a new throwout bearing from centerforce with the clutch install. I'm kinda mad because the damn thing cost me $75 bucks and still makes noise. I have the slp loudmouth exhaust on it and I can still here the throwout bearing , imagine how much noise it would make with the stock exhaust. I know I installed this clutch properly because I've been building cars for about ten years now.

Damian
01-22-2004, 03:51 PM
You sure it's the bearing? If you replaced it, there's no reason it should be making that much noise...

Did you set up the clutch properly? Twin Disk clutch's do take a little extra TLC than a single disk clutch...

Josh

RedBaron
01-22-2004, 10:05 PM
I had a rattling noise also, replaced the pilot bearing and all is well.