What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 z28 w/ a big system

Old 07-29-2010, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 z28 w/ a big system

Just curious what a ball park figure you guys think my car would be worth. I don't really want to sell it, don't have to, but I still have another 2/3 years of college left and it basically sits at home and get's driven by my dad on nice weekends.

88k miles, really clean car, a few chips here and there but nothing major. As for performance mods, there isn't much. Just a K&N filter and straight pipe welded in place of the muffler and routed CME. I'm very meticulous with the car and have always babied it since the day I bought it, had it three years and still haven't ever eaten in it. Other mods include: LS7 clutch, updated slave, tick master, ws6 store shorty stick, plugs and wires, drilled and slotted rotors w/ hawk pads, painted calipers, 20% tint, HID's, BMR's newer springs & adj. panhard rod, HP split 5's w/ cooper tires. Springs, rims, and tires all have <300 miles with no burnouts or any aggressive driving.

The stereo is where I went to town, it was a system i built w/ my dad that I've had for 3 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. Everything was custom, 4 Arc Audio 10's running off an Arc 1100 watt rms amp, MB Quart Premiums for the highs running off an Arc 600 watt rms amp. The amp rack and sub box have blue LED's wired off a switch mounted in the center console. The alarm is a clifford alarm with all the bells and whistles: Prox sensor, glass break microphone sensor, remote start w/ 1 off custom setup for stick, controls windows and LED's too. Have a little over 4K between the stereo and the alarm.

Well I don't want to go writing more of an essay than I already have so I'll leave it at that. I'm just tired of knowing the cars just sitting there would rather see it driven, plus I'm kind of liking the though of getting out of the loan haha, only owe about 5K on it so it's not too big a deal.

Thanks for any input,
Brandon.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Read the 'sticky' above about mods. Go to www.kbb.com and get a 'private party' price, then add 25%-33% of your mod price. That would give you your ballpark figure that you want. The sound system is a whole different issue. You may get next to nothing for it unless you find that one buyer that wants your exact set-up. The $4,000 you spent is going to kill you at re-sale time even if you pull it out and try to sell it separately. Ouch!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read the sticky, and I know I'm not going to get anything near what I have into the car. I just wanted to see what the people on the forum thought it'd be worth.

Search this Thread