General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clicking sound for brakes

Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clicking sound for brakes

Hey guys,

I have a 99 T/A with 25000 clicks on it. I am experiencing some rear braking noise that has gotten worse over the last 6 months. At first I barely heard it now every time the brakes are applied I hear this clicking sound. Basically its most apparent when stopping from 30 mph to 0 and it seems like its only coming from the drivers side rear.. If I pump the brakes while the car is stopped, I dont hear any noise, its only when the car is moving. I have powerslot slotted rotors and I'm not sure what brand the pads are (probably stock, the rotors were added by the previous owner.) This is soooo annoying and I would like some suggestions on what I should be looking for. I have heard that their is some kind of clip that is between the pads and if the pads are worn it might be catching in the rotor's slots? Please keep in mind I am nuub when it comes to cars so bare with me lol.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you pulled the pads to make sure they're not worn down, there's nothing caught or loose, etc?

Search this Thread