Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help with a tune to get my car running

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with a tune to get my car running

i just got finished installing my heads/cam and it will barely run and i have heard that you can get a file from a similar car and copy it to my hp tuners and atleast get my car where i can drive it safely to get it tuned

mods are
prc stage 2.5 5.3l heads
ms3 cam
ls6 intake
long tubes
no air
no egr
no rear o2 sensors
stock ported tb
stock injectors
stock bottom end

can anybody help me with a similar combo so i can get this car going
thanks in advance

i was told i could go to the hp tuners website and copy a file and use it but the site will not let me login
please help if you know what im talking about
thanks
Old 07-31-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

What do you see on the HPT logs?? Maybe, you can fix the problem[s] w/o flashing a new tune....
Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Other than using both feet to keep it running at idle (just inconvient), there is no reason you can't drive it safely to get it tuned with the factory tuning.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

done a very similar build and it fired up on the stock tune no problem. you likely have other issues.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

bump up your base runing airflow up 2 points and check it. Re-adjust if neccesary. Also inter values of 2 in your adaptive idle spark. In other words a max value of +2 in over-spark and -2 in the under-spark section. This will only let the computor hunt for a total of 4 degrees of timing. If not it will hunt all over the place and cause irratic idle. Also bump your idle up to 825 plus depending on the size of your cam. This should smooth out your idle a little. This is just a coulple of tips to help. Just a note do not go to high on the bass running airflow or your car will surge. Hang up on the idle to like 1500 to 2000 or higher and won't go down. Just remember to make small changes and see what happens. You might trying drilling a little bigger hole in the throttle body. That is if you have a stock throttle body. Some people say not to do this but there is a hole in the factory throttle body for a reason. That is so air can feed the idle blade position. If you have an aftermarket throttle body you can just crack the blade if you don't feel comfortable doing that. Hope this helps If you have anymore question feel free to PM me.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STREETSLEEPER
.... You might trying drilling a little bigger hole in the throttle body. That is if you have a stock throttle body. Some people say not to do this but there is a hole in the factory throttle body for a reason. That is so air can feed the idle blade position. If you have an aftermarket throttle body you can just crack the blade if you don't feel comfortable doing that. Hope this helps If you have anymore question feel free to PM me.
Definitely do not drill the TB blade. The blade can be adjusted open and the TPs reset.