Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

custom paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom paint

alrighty guys. especially for you painters who would know more about it. im thinking about changing the color on my car to a 3 stage. the color im thinking about layin down is the lexus moonlight pearl. or 092. however instead of a white base i was going to go with a blue base. now that with some polished tt2s, what would be yalls opinion. iv seen the same thing on a blazer except they used the cadillac pearl and i just dont like the yellow pearl. but it still looked nice. all opinions are appreciated.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

I love the color your talkin about, as to changing the base color, i guess it depens on the shade. You would make the blue pearl obsolete if you use the same base color. What shade of blue do you want to do the base in?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

that is actually something i have yet to decide. id like for it to be somewhat rich and at the same time have it look like white. and i know i can just spray a white base and put some blue pearl in the 2nd part. however i much rather like the look of white pearl over a blue base.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

I see what your saying. Like flip the moonlight pearl. Good idea, but it won't look white. It will look blue with a white pearl. Darker colors can dominate as a pearl, but not a lighter color. That will look really good though.