Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1416 code...replaced one side?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1416 code...replaced one side?

My 98 Z28 shot out a P1416 SES light. After using our SEARCH function here I found the most common issue is the passenger side Air pump check valve off the exhaust manifold. I haven't had to deal with any of this on my SS since a;; the **** is gone Anyway...I replaced the left side check valve with a unit from Advanced Auto Part. The part number is CV8 made by BWD Automotive for $16.59. I haven't reset the PCM for the SES light yet; so I don't know if this fixed it. The original valve wasn't completely blocked, I could blow air through it but not as easily as the new one. Advanced only had 1 in stock so I'm having Autozone get me another one from their warehouse for the driver side; it'll be here this evening.

I figure as easy as they are to replace I'm doing them both.

I will be resetting the PCM this evening too, using this procedure:
Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses

Haven't had to reset my PCM ever, will this work?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That'll reset the PCM, but also all the readiness tests and idle will have to relearn. Just for P1416 I wouldn't bother resetting it, after 3 cycles and the air test is run it'll turn off by itself. Won't hurt to drive with it.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...installed the other side from Autozone made by Sorensen part # 779-2929 $10.99. Just for the hell of it I reset the PCM and so far so good. I drove it a bit and no SES. I'll keep you all updated if this fixes it. At least the part numbers are posted.

Quick Reply: P1416 code...replaced one side?