Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standalone Harness problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Standalone Harness problems

I had my factory harness reworked to be a standalone harness for my 5.3 in a jeep cj7 swap. The company made several mistakes and I had to send it back several times until it came back to me in a usable state. I had them delete the EGR yet there is still an EGR plug and I have a 5 wire MAF and they still gave me a plug for the IAT.

Anyways I installed it and had some issues with the left side of the engine running way rich and finally tracked it down to having to wires backwards on the 02 sensor.

Fast forward a few weeks and I have the vehicle running and everything seems to be fine and my whole harness started melting and smoking. Mainly the bundle of wires over the intake manifold.

Anyone know what would cause this? I am assuming it is something in the standalone harness because the chassis wiring is completely separate...

Also, do you guys think I have any recourse against the company that modified the harness?

Last edited by SSilver; 07-31-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I would recommend going and buying a standalone harness that is completely new and not modified. As far as recourse. You could send the guy your modified harness back and ask for a refund. If he is reputable he will warranty his work.

Jon

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juced211s
Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I would recommend going and buying a standalone harness that is completely new and not modified. As far as recourse. You could send the guy your modified harness back and ask for a refund. If he is reputable he will warranty his work.

Jon
Just did some google searching and apparently I am not the only one with this type of problem. I somehow doubt I will get a dime out of the guy. We'll see when I call Monday but if I not satisfied I will drag his name through the mud. It's not libel or slander if its true
Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck. That still sucks though.

Jon

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'