Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam swap and using efi live but im lost

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default cam swap and using efi live but im lost

Brief info here is... I'm using the 98 Camaro PCM and EFI-live to tune it..

the cam is a TSP 224/228 .588/.588 on a 114+1 (I decided on this because its a mild cam and I thought would give me less tuning issues and would be very streetable)

now my problem is it really doesn't want to just fire up and idle right away.

I have to give it some gas and lightly let off the pedal letting the PCM take over.. idles great after that (a bit choppy but steady idle)

now from past older cars i've had and used with more dur. cams you could start by adding timing and then adjusting from there my questions are...

where do I adjust the base timing?

what is recomended for a start here? am i off on this?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

That is only one part of it... but, you add the timing in the high octane table, base timing table in gear and base timing table in park/neutral. Do you have a wideband to tune the AFR? You will have to tune the idle air tables as well. I'll PM you my email address. If you send me your tune, I'll hook you up with a good starting point... I just tuned a 98 with a similar cam the other day. Depending on when you send it to me, it might be tomorrow afternoon before I can do it. After I send you the new tune, you can run a comparison with your original tune, and see everything I changed...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
That is only one part of it... but, you add the timing in the high octane table, base timing table in gear and base timing table in park/neutral. Do you have a wideband to tune the AFR? You will have to tune the idle air tables as well. I'll PM you my email address. If you send me your tune, I'll hook you up with a good starting point... I just tuned a 98 with a similar cam the other day. Depending on when you send it to me, it might be tomorrow afternoon before I can do it. After I send you the new tune, you can run a comparison with your original tune, and see everything I changed...
ok, sent it. but my question on the WB and yes (I haven't done a search on that yet)... is there a specific one recomended for use with the flashscan unit?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
9 Second Club

Personally, I like the LM2 and get a serial cable from here to connect the two: http://taquickness.com/taqcables.htm
Plug and play that way!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did that work out for you? im having some problems tuning my cammed 98 also. efi live wouldnt unlock the pcm i think the tune i had was for a 99 and it wouldnt work.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I second the cable from Taq. I got mine the day after I paid.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default U have..

Originally Posted by hixwv
how did that work out for you? im having some problems tuning my cammed 98 also. efi live wouldnt unlock the pcm i think the tune i had was for a 99 and it wouldnt work.
the lock code for that pcm??

Quick Reply: cam swap and using efi live but im lost