Anyone delt with Zachary Morris his shop is L&P in Rowlett

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone delt with Zachary Morris his shop is L&P in Rowlett

He advertises a crapload of LS1 stuff on Dallas craigslist. Before I do business with him I would just like feedback good or bad. PM if needed.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Teching In

+1. Never heard of them. There is a LMP in garland.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know who LMP is. That is not who it is. Just wondering if anyone else has delt with the guy buying parts or seen any of his work.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Wasn't he on Saved by the Bell?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TXMaro
lmao...thats funny
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have talked to him acouple of times on the phone. What are u wanting to do?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

A guy from L&P approached me at a gas station in Rowlett one night, guy seemed okay, kinda young, him and some friends in a Lexus. He was trying to advertise his business to me and was asking me who does my work etc.... I do all my own work and have a tuner so it didnt appeal to me. If I had to guess I would say most likely the guy is okay to deal with but I cant say with any certainty.

I live in Rowlett and thought it was a bit odd that I never heard of them before and I still haven't heard anything about that shop since I met the guy, must not be a big shop or doing a lot of business, if they were I would think you would hear about them more around town or here on the board?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
A guy from L&P approached me at a gas station in Rowlett one night, guy seemed okay, kinda young, him and some friends in a Lexus. He was trying to advertise his business to me and was asking me who does my work etc.... I do all my own work and have a tuner so it didnt appeal to me. If I had to guess I would say most likely the guy is okay to deal with but I cant say with any certainty.

I live in Rowlett and thought it was a bit odd that I never heard of them before and I still haven't heard anything about that shop since I met the guy, must not be a big shop or doing a lot of business, if they were I would think you would hear about them more around town or here on the board?
Sell me your Fikse wheels
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Sell me your Fikse wheels
I've been considering it
Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

ask Greg about him, or is that why you are asking?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 454navyss
ask Greg about him, or is that why you are asking?
Yes this was an old post from before Greg had his motor back. I wanted to ask around about the low life without tipping him off in case he read the boards.

What's the deal about selling the car. I have not talked to him in a week or so. I don't want to sell mine but 40 x 50 shop a few steps away from the back door will be better
Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Junkie

he said he needs to focus on school, i told him i dont think he will make it more than a month or two before he gets the itch again....just like he did after he sold his truck. are you building onto your shop or building a new, different shop?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 454navyss
he said he needs to focus on school, i told him i dont think he will make it more than a month or two before he gets the itch again....just like he did after he sold his truck. are you building onto your shop or building a new, different shop?
New shop where the old one was. I sold the other one last weekend. It will be torn down in the next few weeks.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Teching In

I'll have to echo the same sentiment you can find by googling “Zachary Morris Rowlett”. Zach’s on this board, so he may chime in. That doesn’t bother me because he couldn’t refute anything I have to say.

There wasn’t a lot on him when I jumped into a deal, but with many visits I’ve seen a ton of cars sitting there for a very long time. There was a C6, a Marauder, and 3 Chevy trucks in and out of his shop, including mine. He quoted me two weeks and took more than 6 months to almost finish an engine and transmission swap for my truck. The transmission seems to work well now, but the engine and tune are not where they should be. After two trips back and another month it still isn’t where it should be and I’m looking for another shop. He did a lot to try to make up for his short fallings, but in the end I have waited half a year for a truck that I can’t trust. His communication skills are just atrocious. He has recently taken another job, so half his time will be away from the shop. With that income he plans to hire a receptionist. If everthing worked I would have walked away with a great deal, but with the problems I'm facing I will lose any savings. He is a nice enough guy and talks the talk, but with all of my experience I’d rather have a drink with him than ever let him touch my truck again.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snappy
I'll have to echo the same sentiment you can find by googling “Zachary Morris Rowlett”. Zach’s on this board, so he may chime in. That doesn’t bother me because he couldn’t refute anything I have to say.

There wasn’t a lot on him when I jumped into a deal, but with many visits I’ve seen a ton of cars sitting there for a very long time. There was a C6, a Marauder, and 3 Chevy trucks in and out of his shop, including mine. He quoted me two weeks and took more than 6 months to almost finish an engine and transmission swap for my truck. The transmission seems to work well now, but the engine and tune are not where they should be. After two trips back and another month it still isn’t where it should be and I’m looking for another shop. He did a lot to try to make up for his short fallings, but in the end I have waited half a year for a truck that I can’t trust. His communication skills are just atrocious. He has recently taken another job, so half his time will be away from the shop. With that income he plans to hire a receptionist. If everthing worked I would have walked away with a great deal, but with the problems I'm facing I will lose any savings. He is a nice enough guy and talks the talk, but with all of my experience I’d rather have a drink with him than ever let him touch my truck again.
Damn that sucks your having all the problems with your toy.. As for Zachary I would just have to say stay away at all cost.

Quick Reply: Anyone delt with Zachary Morris his shop is L&P in Rowlett