Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS motor in 86 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS motor in 86 Monte Carlo SS

I am looking to build up a 5.3 to put in my 86 SS. I am planning on at least getting it bored over. I'm trying to stay with a stock bottom end and go with forged pistons and put some ARP bolts and studs in it. I might get a balanced rotating assembly if I'm able to. I planning on trying to get the stock heads ported (is that a good idea?) or is it better to buy a set aftermarket heads? I am planning on running a carb set on it, Art Carr 200 4r and a good cam and 3.73 gears. My goal is to have around 420-450rwhp and alot of torque.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned

Boom,... here comes boom, rewasdy ie kow[Give your your bes oplayiboyu
Old 08-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

I said you planned perfecft. if she cant deal eith her, dfrivr fer to hre condisiour people an eject them bastards out in the farm!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want 450rwhp, you would be better off starting with a 6.0. Call one of the site sponcers, like TSP, when you're ready to build the engine. They can fix you up with a head/cam package that will bring the engine to life.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gotmonte
I said you planned perfecft. if she cant deal eith her, dfrivr fer to hre condisiour people an eject them bastards out in the farm!
WTF? If you're just trying to get your post count up so you can sell parts, that's a **** poor way to do it. Your answer to his question has got to be the dumbest **** I have ever seen typed on here.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks LS1MCSS,

I would like to go 6.0 but I got this long block getting this long block from one of my commerical customers for basically nothing at all. Im not looking to race alot on this setup, but I would a real strong street performer. How difficult was it to install the LS1 in your Monte? Are there some pointers that you could help me out with?
Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

It's not really hard. It has gotten easier in the last couple of years as there are a few companies making mounts and headers. When I did mine, nobody made anything for these cars so I had to custom build everything.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gotmonte
Boom,... here comes boom, rewasdy ie kow[Give your your bes oplayiboyu

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
WTF? If you're just trying to get your post count up so you can sell parts, that's a **** poor way to do it. Your answer to his question has got to be the dumbest **** I have ever seen typed on here.
Agreed...

With nonsense like this... I thought this guy was in the middle of a diabetic seizure dragging fingers over the keys uncontrollably..
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

I looked on Car Shop's site. What mounts should I use to mount the motor in with? I also need to get the ignition setup up as well, what would be the best place to get that from? Remember that I am going the carb route. But I think that Im going to swap out the original gas tank for a tank that is made for an electric in tank fuel pump. Also would the fuel pump from a 3.8l fuel injected Monte or Regal work for my setup? I kinda want the installation to look almost factory with some subtle changes. Also who has or makes long tube headers for installation into a G-Body? Sorry for all of the questions but I am trying to get somethings sorted out before I start purchasing parts.

Last edited by TiGer85SS; 08-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: LS motor in 86 Monte Carlo SS