Beware of transmission builder in Dallas.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of transmission builder in Dallas.

His name is Mike Long and he is a liar and a thief. I just tore my broken trans apart after it didnt even last a year. I dont know how many miles are on it but they werent much. He told me it would hold 500 hp easy with no problem. Well since it broke the week after he rebuilt it from me drag racing and I know there should be no warranty for race transmissions but my car only had bolt ons and it should have lasted longer. So I havent beat on it or drag raced it since it broke last year at Denton after only 3 runs. All I have done is drive normal and all of a sudden it started acting weird. Anyway I had a guy tear it apart and the only performance part in it was The Beast Sun Shell and Transgo shift kit. I have a list of parts that he said he put in it and it was all a lie. All parts he replaced are stock pieces. He charged me over 1500 bucks and I bet he only spent 100 dollars in parts. And his number he gave me is disconnected probably cause he screwed too many people over.

Stay away from this guy he is a scammer!!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EXGTPMAN
His name is Mike Long and he is a liar and a thief. I just tore my broken trans apart after it didnt even last a year. I dont know how many miles are on it but they werent much. He told me it would hold 500 hp easy with no problem. Well since it broke the week after he rebuilt it from me drag racing and I know there should be no warranty for race transmissions but my car only had bolt ons and it should have lasted longer. So I havent beat on it or drag raced it since it broke last year at Denton after only 3 runs. All I have done is drive normal and all of a sudden it started acting weird. Anyway I had a guy tear it apart and the only performance part in it was The Beast Sun Shell and Transgo shift kit. I have a list of parts that he said he put in it and it was all a lie. All parts he replaced are stock pieces. He charged me over 1500 bucks and I bet he only spent 100 dollars in parts. And his number he gave me is disconnected probably cause he screwed too many people over.

Stay away from this guy he is a scammer!!!!!
Damn that sucks man... Whats the name of the shop and have you gone by there yet?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Damn that sucks man... Whats the name of the shop and have you gone by there yet?
I dont live in Texas anymore and I dont remember the name. Its by the old stadium off of Irving blvd
Old 08-07-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Just saw this on RK. Are you going to try and get your money back?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I told you a long time ago he was bad news. Hope things work out for you Tom.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FUH Q
Just saw this on RK. Are you going to try and get your money back?
Try and get my money back? I doubt that he would do that plus I dont live there anymore and finding him would be tough. He will get whats coming to him someday. Someday he is going to scam the wrong person and wind up in the hospital or dead.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
I told you a long time ago he was bad news. Hope things work out for you Tom.
I should have listened. At the time I didnt have alot of money to spend. With all the money I spent between that junk converter he sold me and the trans money I could have bought a decent trans with a warranty.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Mike Long is a douche bag. Sam saw the trans I had him build me in action one night. Not even 500 miles on it, and it wouldn't shift half the time. Then, he wouldn't help me out with it what so ever. Last I heard he was out of business
Old 08-08-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im in the same boat right now so i feel your pain. got 2700 in repairs on a tranny i paid 1600 for 18 months ago, its died 3 times now. makes ya wanna shoot people
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EXGTPMAN
Try and get my money back? I doubt that he would do that plus I dont live there anymore and finding him would be tough. He will get whats coming to him someday. Someday he is going to scam the wrong person and wind up in the hospital or dead.
I'm just saying if someone scammed me like this, I would get SOMETHING out of him SOMEHOW. I guess I don't take things of the sort as lightly.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Im sure if I still lived in Dallas I might. Or maybe I will make a trip back sometime and do a little payback northern style
Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pitchblackZ
Mike Long is a douche bag. Sam saw the trans I had him build me in action one night. Not even 500 miles on it, and it wouldn't shift half the time. Then, he wouldn't help me out with it what so ever. Last I heard he was out of business
Glad to hear that he went out of business but sorry about what happened to you.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad hes out of business.....should have went to Jason at TDP!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Glad hes out of business.....should have went to Jason at TDP!
Where is he located?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

I don't think that Jason does automatics. He has a friend in Denton though that he recommends.

Quick Reply: Beware of transmission builder in Dallas.