Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Mustang guy here-don't shoot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang guy here-don't shoot!

Howdy guys! I drive a 2001 Mustang GT and I love my Fords. I grew up around many different muscle cars, including my dad's 1978 T/A. I joined this site to learn more about the last generation of T/As, as the new 5.0 is looking to be out of my price range and I want a car that can move out quickly (I have a PI 4.6, it does a great job of moving until about 90 mph). I bought a Mustang GT because I've always had a soft spot for the sound of my engine, but I do wish it had a bit more get-up without having to open up the engine and put heads and cams in.

I'm a chill guy and while I may be a Ford fan, I love and appreciate the amazing LS series engines. I'm not here to start trouble or start a forum war, I'm just wanting to learn. Also, if anyone on here is on Moddedmustangs.com, feel free to hit me up, as I'm a pretty established member on there.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the site. Anything you could ever want to know about a Trans Am is here. Be sure to use the search button!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, I am on Moddedmustangs.com too, but its been so long I am not even sure I remember my username lol. You will find everything you ever wanted to know here I am sure...
Old 08-08-2010, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have really grown to like 99-04 Mustangs.
welcome man.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those 4.6 motors do sound good, but i seems they do require a power adder to scream. If you want to keep your car and get the 90+ top end your looking for look into a nice turbo setup.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome aboard fella, like everyone else said this forum has about every answer you think of. Buddy of mine has a Turbo-ed '00 GT and is faster than all hell (he is a sponsor on here too), nothing wrong with Ford IMO.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
Welcome aboard fella, like everyone else said this forum has about every answer you think of. Buddy of mine has a Turbo-ed '00 GT and is faster than all hell (he is a sponsor on here too), nothing wrong with Ford IMO.
you sir have a BAD *** List of toys!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
Welcome, I am on Moddedmustangs.com too, but its been so long I am not even sure I remember my username lol. You will find everything you ever wanted to know here I am sure...
LOL Don't worry, there are more and more members on that site every day, and half of them seem to be worth the time of day. You aren't missing out on much!

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
Those 4.6 motors do sound good, but i seems they do require a power adder to scream. If you want to keep your car and get the 90+ top end your looking for look into a nice turbo setup.
Their heads are pretty anemic, despite being an improvement over the previous SOHC 2v heads. They usually require a good bit of porting and hot cams to get some decent N/A numbers, but those numbers are still plenty low in contrast to LS engines (remember, though, we're playing with 65 less cubic inches). FI is pretty much the way to go for awesome power with these engines, and turbo would be my choice, if I could afford it.

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I'd like to see this car, sounds sick! I wanted a turbo (a couple of them, actually) when I first got my car, but I wasted too much time with bolt-ons. Turbo GTs are pretty on-point.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to see what his GT is all about, he owns Modular Turbo which is his screen name. Hit him up, his name is Rob and is extremely humble bro. I haven't seen it in a while but talked to him the other day and told me his numbers. That thing is redunkulous fast It will put a smackdown on my Black TA N/A.

And thanks desertLS1.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome.Down in Edgewater here
Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

ha ha i like the thread title man! welcome
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

welcome, i'm another ford guy here lol. they are some haters here though so be prepared to get shot at lol