Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall help ASAP !

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall help ASAP !

I recently put a bigger stall in my car have near full bolt ons and am using a predator for a tune right now . I have been having problems with after driving the car for a while the converter won't lock up at hiway speeds and just keeps slipping .... I thought it may have been low fluid or a heat issue so I installed a transmission cooler. My car still keeps leaking trans fluid from the overflow tube even when it seems like the fluid seems to be at the right level .... Today I think I may have found the problem it was slipping I checked the fluid it seemed about right maybe slightly low but when I checked the codes on my predator one was shift solenoid B stuck on , I deleted the trouble codes and it then drove normal . What could be causing this ? Do I need a real tune or is there another problem going on ? Any help from someone with experience with converters in these transmissions would be great ! I want to fix the issue ASAP. Thanks .
Old 08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Anybody .... ?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

It's been posted several times.

Some codes need to be disabled with a small diameter high stall converter.
P0757
P0751
Misfire tables need to be raised.
The rpm drop calculated between the engine rpm and vehicle speed in gear with a high stall speed will cause false 751 or 757 codes. These will also disable lock up which will cause the transmission to overheat.
Idle airflow can be changed to stop the engine from idling up and down at low speed, etc.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong wrong wrong.

Its your converter clutch pressure. You have to delete tcc pwm on the ecu or change the valve on the valve body for it. This will give you max pressure to the tcc so it will lock upp on the highway. Ive dealt with that issue many times including my own car. Friends didnt listen to me and toasted their trans and the tc clutch...which is a smaller clutch on a smaller tc...which you now have.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C5natie
Wrong wrong wrong.

Its your converter clutch pressure. You have to delete tcc pwm on the ecu or change the valve on the valve body for it. This will give you max pressure to the tcc so it will lock upp on the highway. .
He said it doesn't lock up.

To get max tcc pressure set the tcc pwm minimum table to 98.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Ok so I'm guessing there's no way around it I will need to do away with the predator and use hp tuners or get a real tune or is there a way you know of ?? It locks up fine for a while and then eventually my check engine light will come on and that code will show on my programmer .... Will this damage anything if I drive it as is and continue to just delete the code as it pops up ?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
He said it doesn't lock up.

To get max tcc pressure set the tcc pwm minimum table to 98.
Exactly. Lockup is when youre cruising. Its needs more tcc press to lock up.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Hope you guys dont think lock up is when you floor it. Thats when it unlocks. Lockup is when youre cruising and you see/feel the rpms drop a bit. Thats lockup in od cruising.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Hope you guys dont think lock up is when you floor it. Thats when it unlocks. Lockup is when youre cruising and you see/feel the rpms drop a bit. Thats lockup in od cruising.
Thanks for the tip captain obvious.

It's far more common to have a false 757, 751, or misfire code disable tcc lock up entirely.

Theres a certain mail order tuner on here that does not increase tcc pwm, which I disagree with but apparently converters aren't burning up because of it.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the tip captain obvious.

It's far more common to have a false 757, 751, or misfire code disable tcc lock up entirely.

Theres a certain mail order tuner on here that does not increase tcc pwm, which I disagree with but apparently converters aren't burning up because of it.
Well, if its not locking up and it keeps slipping in an out then it will burn it up eventually. He said his code was for shift soleniod B not a misfire.

BTW, OP, I remember once I was at a red light and when it turned green my car felt super sluggish and I got a solenoid B code. It only lets you drive in 2nd, or 3rd, cant remember, when it happens. Felt wierd. It happens sometimes if it gets stuck. I just deleted the code, jumped on the freeway and floored it to unstick it just in case. Problem and code never came back. At the time my trans was stock with a Yank SS 3600 and ecu tuning for more line pressure. Trans lasted 2yrs of abuse from 450rwhp. Not back for a stock one. I lost 4th gear and then I rebuilt it. Just trying to help.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

He said his code was for shift soleniod B not a misfire.

Yea, P0757, locks it in one gear and disables lock up.
Put a high stall converter in and get that code-it's false. It needs to be set to no report.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, P0757, locks it in one gear and disables lock up.
Put a high stall converter in and get that code-it's false. It needs to be set to no report.
...and if it does it in the hwy still then you know whats up.