Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my TSP duals a wee bit too close to the floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Got my TSP duals a wee bit too close to the floorboard

Installed Pacesetters and TSP duals with sweet thunder mufflers last weekend. I installed poly mounts/trans mount a few weeks ago because I knew I was going to be tucking everything really tight to the floorboards to get ground clearance. However, I got it tucked a little too close lol... Ground clearance is phenomenal but I'm tapping the floorboard when I start the car and under WOT. It doesn't hit super hard but it does hit. I can feel it and hear it.

So my question is I wonder if I can install something like what the LPP Y-pipes have on them to keep it from touching the floorboards in these two locations...

My only concern would be it putting too much stress somewhere else in the system because the motor is still wanting to torque a little.

I guess I could just put solid mounts in, I was just trying to avoid it. I've had them before and I like the poly's.

What do you guys think?

Here's a pic of the LPP Y with the mount to keep it off of the floorboard:

Here's where mines touching:

Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With them tucked up that close, I'd be more worried about melting insulation and carpet while sitting still than hitting the floorboards. Why not drop the exhaust about 1/2" to get a little more clearance between the car and the exhaust?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Element
With them tucked up that close, I'd be more worried about melting insulation and carpet while sitting still than hitting the floorboards. Why not drop the exhaust about 1/2" to get a little more clearance between the car and the exhaust?
Yeah the only place I was worried about that was back by the muffler. Up off of the drivers side header I'm not worried about that because that part of the frame is about an inch and a half thick before you actually get to the floorboard.