Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pump bad???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pump bad???

Just got around to installing my new Performabuilt level 2 4l60e into my 98 z28, filled with fluid ran through the gears while jacked up. took it out for a spin. drove for around 200 miles now. Now when in p or n the car makes no noise except for when above 4k. but when in r or d it makes a grinding or dry bearings noise. i have a tci ssf 3500-3800 stall. the stall is brand new and it's all the way in. car runs and drives fine and is still full of fluid. just went through 2 used tranny's and don't wanna rip another one out. anyone ever have this problem and i know i'm gonna have to probaly rip it out and ship it back but was hoping there was some stupid mistake i made. thanks for any help
Old 11-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Bump??? Can not spacing cause that?? As seen here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...allations.html

Last edited by PWNED; 11-06-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Linked this thread to my buddy and says it sounds like the converter perhaps? He blew his due to making alot of power. Does the noise sound like this at all?

http://www.youtube.com/giffinsperfor...22/zqUYcXkp7s4
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Check the pump, pull the bottom cooler line off, start the engine and see if fluid flows out.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this car does not move than do exactly what Jay suggested. However if your vehicle still moves and drives fine then there is some other stuff you can check. Make sure that your converter bolts are tight and also that the heads are not hitting anything because they are to tall. Also you might have a cracked flex plate so these are a couple of other things to check. I personally am not a big fan of that brand of converter however your issue might not be the converter. I hope this helps you some and you might want to give Franky a call to see if he has anything else for you to look into before pulling the trans. Best of luck. Vince

Quick Reply: pump bad???