Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Use E3 Spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Use E3 Spark plugs?

Just curious if anyone has actually used the E3 spark plugs. They claim to be able to give you:

~Significant potential power increase: > 6% to 12% (depending on engine class)
~Significant potential fuel efficiency improvement: > 4% to 13% (depending on engine class)
~Drastic potential emissions reduction when used in 2 and 4-stroke engines (after 50 hours): 58% CO emissions reduction, 42% hydrocarbon reduction

Honestly I could care less about the emission reduction but anything that could free up more power and help me spend less time at the pump I am open to. I don't know if I buy into the whole thing about a spark plug giving more power but I suppose it's possible... Anyone have any experience with these? I know they ran them on Horsepower TV and claimed a gain.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All hersay. You can probably achieve all that by either changing driving habits, taking weight out of the car. OR Getting the tuned leaned out for UNDER WOT cruising.

Either stay with stock recommended or what some people including myself do is go to NGK TR-55's which is a great replacement plug for stock and mildly modded cars.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The few cars that we've had come through here that the owner insisted on buying those E3's for their engines have had problems. Be it rough handling during shipping to the parts stores or poor QC at E3 all of them I've seen have had a few bad plugs that needed changed to clear up misfires.

I'd stick with the tried and true NGK's for 95% of the street/strip cars on this forum!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know people that had them go to hell fast. X2 on the NGK's --- Same set in my turbo car for 3 years, 2 different cars and 2 different engines on the same set of NGK's and still running strong.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been running NGK's for over 215,000 miles with not one problem. The stuff you see on HP TV and other TV shows that highlight products are bought and paid for ... they are glorified infomercials to say the least.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I run NGK tr-55's and haven't had any problems with them, but I was just curious if all the hype was true. Thanx guys
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ark-plugs.html

Above is a thread where a tech from NGK posted a little feedback based on their testing of the E3 plugs!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nobody will be reinventing the "wheel" with regards to spark plugs....for a long long time. There's just not much more that can be done to deliver a clean spark.

E3's are a joke................so are all the other special plugs.

NGK TR55 or NGK TR5....gapped to .050......nothing can beat that for an N/A engine, whether bone stock or 650 RWHP. Nitrous/FI applications....takes different stuff and different gaps.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine lasted 300 miles and started missing like crazy,took out all of them and the porceline was loose on two of them it was sliding up and down on the electrode.Back to NGK tr-55.

Quick Reply: Anyone Use E3 Spark plugs?