PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF g/cyl way up after ported tb and head swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF g/cyl way up after ported tb and head swap?

Just got done with a head swap; went ahead and added a Jantzer ported tb (changed from stock), new TR55's, Taylor 8mm wires (changed from stock), and a new Holley Powershot filter (changed from my dirty K&N).

Took it for a spin last night, and I'm noticing my O2's are reading quite a bit leaner, and my timing's down considerably as well. Pulled the data into Excel and started playing with it; found that my MAF g/cyl readings were up by ~ .2-.25 at higher rpms.

With the ported tb, new (clean) filter, plus the new heads, the engine should definitely be able to take in some more air. Could this be causing my lean O2's and low timing?? If so, is there a way that I can adjust the computer to accommodate this with Edit??

TIA
Old 01-23-2004, 05:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On a stock timing table if the g/cyl reads higher the timing will go down.Yes Edit can fix that.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my timing table isn't exactly stock anymore (set to 28-29* at WOT)

What's the best way to adjust for the increased MAF g/cyl?

Also, I'm thinking I should richen up the PE v. RPM as well to get my O2's back in the 910-915 range (at least til I get to the dyno and get an actual a/f reading). Would richening it up also allow the computer to use more timing (ie, could the computer automatically be taking some timing out due to the leaner O2 readings)?

TIA