Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swap into a 67 Camaro help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS swap into a 67 Camaro help!

Whats up guys I need some help. My dads 67 is about out of the paint booth from having a LOT of work done and I'm wanting to go LS. I HAD all sorts of literature from the LSX shootout the past two years on companies offering kits to do the swap but Ive misplaced all my stuff. Can anyone PM me or get this thread kickin' on some good, reputable companies with complete kits for the swap as far as mounts, oil pan, headers wiring, etc.. I REALLY dont want to piece stuff out as it gets to be more expensive and a headache tracking needed things down. Thanks guys.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...67-camaro.html
Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GoatPilot87
Whats up guys I need some help. My dads 67 is about out of the paint booth from having a LOT of work done and I'm wanting to go LS. I HAD all sorts of literature from the LSX shootout the past two years on companies offering kits to do the swap but Ive misplaced all my stuff. Can anyone PM me or get this thread kickin' on some good, reputable companies with complete kits for the swap as far as mounts, oil pan, headers wiring, etc.. I REALLY dont want to piece stuff out as it gets to be more expensive and a headache tracking needed things down. Thanks guys.
No one makes a "complete" kit that's a good quality setup.

You need headers and motormount adapter plates that are designed to work together - the adapter plates can change the fore-aft mounting point of the engine, which in turn affects header to steering box clearance.

An F-body oil pan will (I think) work with adapter plates that move the engine the farthest to the rear - look at the Pertronix SK100 plates for use with Dougs D3337 headers.

The GMPP front accessory kits w/o AC are a good economical setup, with the Kwik brackets for the compressor if you're using AC.

You can adapt a factory style radiator (passenger side inlet/driver's side outlet) with careful hose selection, or buy a purpose built radiator.

You'll likely need to fabricate your own cross member, depending on transmission selected.

I'm not aware of anyone who does a wiring harness to hook the LSx engine harness into the first gen F-body wiring, but then it's only a 4 wire hookup so that's not really an issue.

In addition to this site, there are a lot of threads on Pro-touring.com, Lateral-g.net and Camaros.com detailing LSx into first gen F-body swaps.

Last edited by Mkelcy; 08-15-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ap-thread.html
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think as much as this has been done and will be done that the ls into first gen swap woud be hammered out better by now.But when you start researching it ,it get more confuseing the more you read.Everyone that's done it has a different opinion about which mounts,which headers,which oilpan,etc.Unfortunately,you still have to read everything about it and make your own decsions.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it can be confusing. I think that starting with f-body donor is easier and well documented. You can use all the accessories (ac with mods) and brakets (atleast with most mounts). Oilpan mod is almost always needed.

Anyway, first decide which engine it is going to be and start from there. Good luck, should be fun

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...68-camaro.html

Quick Reply: LS swap into a 67 Camaro help!