Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much vacume!!Need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too much vacume!!Need HELP

Hey guys,when I redid my swap in my 98 s10 5.3 I installed an ls6 intake.Its been tuned runs good but I keep hearing a squeeling sound coming from where the torque converter is in the bell housing.Well after doing some research I found that its pulling ALOT of vacume through the rear of the motor some how.When its running I can pull the oil cap off and there is a ton of vacume.Now I went from the truck intake to the ls6 intake and all vac.lines are hooked up.I have a hose from pass.vc to the tb,and I have a hose from the driver side vc to a catch can and from the catch can to the other side of the tb.Is this correct?I can remove any of my vac hoses and the squeeling noise goes away!Can I use a filter oil cap so this will stop?Any and all suggestions greatley appreciated.Mike
Old 08-14-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's hard to picture what you're describing, but one valve cover should be passive airflow from the fitting that routes internally to a passage in front of the TB butterflies. This supplies filtered and MAF-metered air to that VC, not engine vacuum.

The other VC should have a male barb on top, which you want to connect to your catch can and from there to the intake manifold barb behind the TB. This pulls engine vacuum.

I'm going from memory here, so anyone with better info please feel free to correct my post.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have a PCV Valve anywhere between manifold vacuum source and the valve covers or did you just use straight hose?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Launching!

I just used straight hose!Should I incorporate a PCV VALVE in one of my vc hoses?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chevysten
I just used straight hose!Should I incorporate a PCV VALVE in one of my vc hoses?
Definitely. The GM piece has a small fixed orifice instead of a check valve and it's what I use.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the help guys!!