Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Full paint job using Dupont Cromax

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Full paint job using Dupont Cromax

hey guys im in the process of painting my SS using dupont Cromax pro. just wondering if anyone else out there has used it and what there opinions of it are. also im wondering if anyone out there has color sanded it. from the product sheet it says nothing about sanding the base coat before clear so just looking for opinions and what not..
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used there product a ton. It is a simple mix just dont forget the activator..lol Anyways color sanding a basecoat is fine but you will have to spray another coat before clear. Basically its like this color sanding is to remove any imperfections. If your paint has pearl or metallics you have to spray another coat.

Pearls and metallics stand up (for simplistic example) to get the sparkle. When you sand them you lay them down. Thus deminishing the sparkle. I would recommend spraying another coat before clear. Then spray 3 coats of clear and cut and polish it
Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

activator??? no where on my product sheet does it list an activator for the paint only the paint and a controller. i was wondering about an activator cuz on the product sheet it only lists the mixture for the previously stated two
Old 08-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure what MSDS sheet you have but it should. Its not much. The ratio is 1-1-1 so if you mix 1pt of paint you would mix 1 pt reducer and 1oz of activator. 1 qt paint 1 qt reducer 2oz activator. 2qt paint 2qt reducer 4oz activator. 1gal paint 1 gal reducer 8oz activator and so on

You may want to dbl check with the supplier you bought it from. I shoot this 2nd to ppg. Its number is wb2075 cromax pro activator. PM me if you have questions. I dont check this to often and it will go straight to my black berry

Quick Reply: Full paint job using Dupont Cromax