Heat emmitted from under 96' TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat emmitted from under 96' TA

hey guys, just bout a new 1996 TA LT1 6speed and was wondering if it was normal for the under side of the car to be real hot after driving only like 20 miles. i've had plenty of cars but it seemed hotter than the rest.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Launching!

ill assume your talking about the pasenger side floor board yes they get hot but if yours is getting extremely hot you might wanna look at your cat's cause if one or both of them get clogged they will get extremely hot one of my friends had the same problem finally after he drove it for like an hour and then came to my house i could smell the damn things when he pulled up, when i looked up under his car the cats were so hot they were glowing. after an hour of messing with the exhaust we shoved a wrench up in the cat and broke all the catalyst in it he reved the car and blew out all the excess catalyst and he never noticed a problem with the floor even getting semi-hot. hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ King of run-on sentences
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Teching In

hahah nice, well i checked and it doesnt smell or anything, im gettin a new system in anyways to it'll be fine. now i just gotta get the damn oil light to go off (messed up sensor)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Ha, I wasn't much help in my last post. Is it stock exhaust?

My first thought is a cutout could produce lots of heat..
Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MATTKO91Z
^^^ King of run-on sentences
lol damn i just noticed that. I should probably slow down when im typing but im at work so im always working and reading tech and i tend to not use punctuation that well online. lol Your like the second person thats called me out recently about my bad grammer. Maybe i shoud use a period or a comma now and again.lololol
Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

its a stock exhaust right now, till i get the cutout, but it has gone away. The car hadnt been driven in forever so thats prolly why. Anyone know how much a door spring would be? my driver side door has to be lifted a lil to close shut and its annoying, also, how expensive is it to replace an oil sensor, pretty sure mines gone bad