Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb LS ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carb LS ?

As you guys know Im trying to get all of my parts together before I start the surgery on my Monte Carlo SS. What is the best way to get the fuel from the tank. I was thinking about getting a tank for a 4.3TBI Monte and fuel pump assembly and running it that way with a regulator before the carb. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also the motor that I have is just the long block (heads and block) no electronics. What all do I need as electronics to make this combo work? I know that I need the MSD controller, ignition coil. Where would be the best place to get a wiring harness and all the other parts?

Last edited by TiGer85SS; 08-16-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your gonna run a carb, you dont need to mess with the fuel tank, just use an external electric pump. you also dont need any special wiring harness, just run the oem alternator wires to alternator, and hook up your oem starter wires to the LS starter, and use the msd to run the ignition - done.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Like 3pedals said u can run an external electric fuel pump and put your pressure regulator up by the motor. Your msd box will come with a harness. u will need 2 run your coils, crank sensor, cam sensor, and if u choose 2 a map sensor. good luck
Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys Ill be searching around for some coil packs now. I was going to run a in tank fuel pump because I thought that I would last longer. But I guess it would be cheaper to run a external unit.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TiGer85SS
Thanks guys Ill be searching around for some coil packs now. I was going to run a in tank fuel pump because I thought that I would last longer. But I guess it would be cheaper to run a external unit.
I'm working on two years with an AC Delco external fuel pump. Much easier than having to modify, or cut up your existing tank, add a sump to your tank. Or even worse, spend money on a new tank. I'm too cheap for that!!!

Quick Reply: Carb LS ?