Thinking of moving to Austin next Spring time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of moving to Austin next Spring time.

Im debating moving to Austin next Spring. But I dont know much about the city other than what I read(and I like). What Im looking for is some tips on areas to look for apartments. I would want a decent place that doesnt break the bank but still in a decent area where I dont have to worry about my stuff getting stolen.

Anything else that I should look at would be great too. I would have a job before I move there and hope to visit sometime this winter to see if I actually would like the city. My brother has been there before and loves it, and we have similar tastes so thats why Im highly considering it already.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check in the north, west side. Been here for a couple years now and decent apartment deals and decent areas. Stay away from the southside and east side if your worried about ur car being broken in to (i am).

Very pretty for Texas, but not much of a domestic scene, the general public doesnt care about cars AT ALL here. All the shops here are imports only really.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

North side, near Round Rock is really nice. What is your budget? Do you want to rent a home/apartment or do you want to buy a home? Apartment rent is relatively cheap where I'm staying at. For a big 1 bedroom with 8ish square feet, washer/dryer inside, designated covered parking, light, gas, water, it comes out to about $800 a month.

What type of career are you looking for? Or what kind of degree do you have? Technology jobs are huge here, with Dell just right around the corner...

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 08-29-2010 at 09:37 PM.