Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add a fan to my trans cooler or buy a new cooler with a fan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Add a fan to my trans cooler or buy a new cooler with a fan?

My trans temps seem to hit 200-210 periodically while at the track. I currently run a pretty big B&M cooler without a fan.... and a 4L80e with CircleD 4300 stall.

Ive made up my mind.... I want a fan... should I just add one or ditch this one and go with one that comes with a fan?

What CFM should I look for? I see a lot of 7" fans that should work but are only 400 or so CFM. I see some coolers with the fans that are 900 CFM... is that overkill? Im leaning towards just adding one... but want to know if 400 CFM will get the job done.

Im running at PINKS next month and would like to get this done before then.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Id just add a fan, but finding space is the only heard thing. My cooler is mounted in front of the condenser and it barely has room. Where is yours located?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by n.m.racer
Id just add a fan, but finding space is the only heard thing. My cooler is mounted in front of the condenser and it barely has room. Where is yours located?
Its located between the radiator and front bumper support, my washer bottle is removed. Theres plenty of room to add a fan in there.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

If you can fit a fan in there that is definitely a plus. my cooler fan combo would not fit in there cuz the center support behind the washer bottle but I have a trans am and my cooler is massive. i bought an inline thermostat too and my fittings on the cooler were the an screw in type. with all those conections it was almost as wide as the condenser. If you get a fan in there i recommend a thermostat, 180, to activate the fan. cuz I have a feeling next to the radiator it might run more often.

Quick Reply: Add a fan to my trans cooler or buy a new cooler with a fan?