Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova

I have a 69 Nova that I'm puting an LS1 and six speed into and I'm trying to find a good set of headers.

I want the power from long tubes but I have a concern with the ground clearance. I have a family member who has long tubes on 69 camaro (small block) and they have an issue with dragging

These are on Jegs site for sale
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker+Headers/520/2288/10002/-1

They seem like they would tuck underneath well (I believe a 69 camaro and nova are the same as far as engine bay and steering box go's)

Any chance I could some opinion and insight here? I would like to order a set of headers today
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those headers should work for you, I just finished putting a 6.0L with L92 heads in a '71 with Heidt's control arms, coilovers, and 2" dropped spindles. I have about 500 miles on the build so far and haven't scrapped them yet (knock on wood), the Heidts front end keeps the front pretty stiff which I'm sure helps. It does sit low and they are a tight fit by the steering box. I made my own adaptor plates for the motor mounts and moved it back as far as I could (1/2" firewall clearance on RS) and dropped it a little. I bought the ceramic coated ones, very happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova-100_2798.jpg   Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova-100_2249.jpg   Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova-100_2252.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are hookers on my 68 camaro which is the same subframe as the nova. mine haven't bottomed out (yet!!).
Attached Thumbnails Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trying to see if these Hookers will clear on my Nova