Holley LS Fest - Autocross classes?
08-17-2010, 11:58 AM
There's very little info about the classes for AutoX. Is it only street tire and Comp? Seems a little unfair that a stock Camaro might be put up against a new Z06. Will SCCA classes and rules be used? My car is SCCA ESP prepared, I'm thinking of attending if I may have a shot in the AutoX. It's a 12hour haul for me though.
08-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Interested in this answer also.
We will be doing two classes as of right now. I think the idea is to have a few large classes.
The track will be designed to try to equalize Corvette/Camero discrepancy.
08-19-2010, 04:20 PM
My car is my daily driver but classes me in CP just because of the motor work.
Not sure how you plan to equalize... SCCA puts the cars in separate classes for a reason. On equal tires & drivers, the Vette normally wins. You could use the SCCA PAX index to try to equalize between different vehicles, but that's a PITA to figure out which class the entrants cars belong in just to provide comparable results. Maybe if the drag strip has a scale, all the competing vehicles could be weighed without the driver and split into <3500 and 3500+ weight classes? Hmm...
Let me ask around for some simple ideas... I'd like to come but it's a helluva drive just to have fun and not have a chance. It'd be nice if the course was long enough to make the winning time at least 60s. Are you letting competitors walk the course before the event begins?
08-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Couple of ideas on classing:
1) Two classes for all Vettes, all years: Street & Race tires. Not otherwise classified (NOC) split based upon <400hp, >400hp.
2) Same as above, except NOC split based upon weight.
3) Vettes grouped first by generation, then by modifications
Not sure how you prove the HP; weight could be the local drag strip scale (if available). I like having the weight being a factor. I think #3 creates too many classes.
- How to handle disputes on classing
- Who's going to be ultimately responsible for classing
- What class would a custom LS3/LS7/LS9 shoe-horned into a lightweight vehicle such as a RX7/240SX fall? Maybe have these types of vehicles mixed in with the lightweight Vettes?
- Can we get a definition for 'purpose built race cars'?
- Let's keep it simple
- I think we need to know if Sam Strano is showing up...I'll just stay home :D
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO