View Full Version : Where are the beer people at!

'02SOMz28
08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
ok i just bough the coors light home draft keg, this damn thing has so much air pressure behind it all i get is foam, :cry:......anybody know what the hell the problem is lol?

00FlowCamaro
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I was told those get flat really fast as well. So I just ended up buying bottles of Miller Lite instead, haha.

ReApEr75
08-18-2010, 04:20 PM
ok i just bough the coors light home draft keg, this damn thing has so much air pressure behind it all i get is foam, :cry:......anybody know what the hell the problem is lol?

Your drinking Coors Light... :cheers:

Nacho SS
08-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Exactly.

LOL @ starting a "beer people" thread with Coors Light in the first post.

I wouldn't even shower with Coors Light. Tastes like fizzy water and can.

chavez885
08-18-2010, 04:37 PM

With kegs the first cups will have lot's of foam, that is normal.

cptncdy
08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I bought the miller lite draft keg the other day and I had the same problem at first. If you open the valve all the way when you pour a glass then it pours smoothly without all of the foam.

Johnnypappis
08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
your supposed to leave those kegs in the fridge for at least 24 hrs before serving if you dont it comes out mostly foam.

JackArse32
08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
only types of those kegs i get are the warsteiner 5l kegs.. mmmmm

used to make my own beer but havent in about 4 yrs.
never kegged tho only bottled

camaro-94-z28
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM

that was a useful post......

anyway, like everyone else said has to be in the fridge for ~24 hours, and first 1-2 drafts are foam

Sales2@Texas-speed
08-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Yum! Its been a while since I had one of those, might have to grab one for some preseason games!

You should get back to brewing! I brew and love it, just haven't had alot of time lately to enjoy it! I do keg mine though...it's SOOOO much easier and faster than bottling and dealing with the headache of sanitizing bottles and then the sludge at the bottom of every bottle.

'02SOMz28
08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
all you coors haters i cant believe it.... :( lol well im not buying another one, ill stick to 24 packs lol

180ls1
08-18-2010, 06:08 PM

brilliant

all you coors haters i cant believe it.... :( lol well im not buying another one, ill stick to 24 packs lol

ok but make sure you but beer next time instead of fizzy dough water, just kidding.
I have had some Heineken out of a home keg thing and i could not really tell the difference between that and out of a bottle.

Vendetta
08-18-2010, 06:49 PM
It still amazes me that so many people have no idea what beer actually is.

AznMuscle
08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Exactly.

LOL @ starting a "beer people" thread with Coors Light in the first post.

I wouldn't even shower with Coors Light. Tastes like fizzy water and can.

Only time I drink Coors light (or bud light or any of those) is either A) Beer Pong, or B) going down the river, where bottles are not allowed, and a 30 is super cheap. Other then that, I got like 10 bud lights still in my fridge from a while ago..only drank 2, and didn't even finish them :/

Agreed. All my friends just love buying bud or bud light, where as I went and got a 6 pack of Kilt Lifter (one of my favorites), and then did a "build-your-own" 6 pack. Sierra Nevada Pale, Arrogant Bastard, 8th street Pale Ale, Dogfish 60 minute, Easy Street Wheat bear, and Grand Canyon Sunset Amber. I know the 90 is good, but never had the 60, and the Easy is just like the name....easy to drink, and tastes pretty good IMO.

XtremeBBQ
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
need to change thread title to 'where all the horse urine people at!'.
since its been lab proven coors lite is 2 molecules away from it.

signal12
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
your supposed to leave those kegs in the fridge for at least 24 hrs before serving if you dont it comes out mostly foam.

I just can't let new beer set for 24 hours. I gotta have some.

00FlowCamaro
08-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Meh, I acquired the taste and it's something else to drink besides soda when not eating a meal. I drink Miller Lite and Busch Light. Makes me more sociable to be honest at a party where I don't know a lot of people. It is what it is. Whether its dark or light, people drink what they like.:cheers:

twelver12
08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Speaking of horse urine there is one called horse piss that not that bad

Z Fury
08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
then did a "build-your-own" 6 pack

I need to start doing this.

JackArse32
08-18-2010, 10:44 PM
that was a useful post......

anyway, like everyone else said has to be in the fridge for ~24 hours, and first 1-2 drafts are foam

based on the title of the thread, i figured, while the OP had an issue with foam and beer choice, this was still a thread for people that like beer. so, there ya go.

:cheers:

Johnny-LT1-runner
08-18-2010, 10:46 PM

:huh: Is it what you might call liquid sin?

OP, i've always had the same problem with the Heineken mini kegs. Like stated, pre cooling is key.

LS1Adam84
08-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah umm Coors is the problem, I am teasing i drink it when I am beer ponging, only other time was at a local track day I had my stash hidden and in 100 degree weather coors is better than sam adams, dark beer just feels super heavy when it is hot out, I love enjoying some Sam Adams Boston lager when inside or chillin outside on a nice cool evening.

BLK85
08-18-2010, 11:58 PM

Thats sig material if only the site would allow it.

I thought from the thread title this thread was going to be good. Im very disappointed now, but that quote is hilarious and so true.

Tim98TA
08-19-2010, 08:23 AM
All my friends just love buying bud or bud light.
Smart friends
where as I went and got a 6 pack of Kilt Lifter (one of my favorites), and then did a "build-your-own" 6 pack. Sierra Nevada Pale, Arrogant Bastard, 8th street Pale Ale, Dogfish 60 minute, Easy Street Wheat bear, and Grand Canyon Sunset Amber.
Dark beer is like drinking flavored dirt. NASTY SHIT and you also can't see WTF is in there.

Sales2@Texas-speed
08-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Saying the color of a beer makes it taste good or bad is absurd! There are VERY full bodied beers out there that are crystal clear and light colored like Coors and such...then there are VERY dark beers that have light bodies and drink easily like the swill that comes in aluminum cans. That's not to say all aluminum can beers are bad (Oskar Blues is the only exception to the rules I've found) though!

skywalkrNCSU
08-19-2010, 10:51 AM
and this thread turns out like every other beer thread on the internet...

Ryphraph
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Are you on CO2 with a regulator? I run about 3 psi. I can hook up a new keg and be drinking beer in 3 minutes. I did a heff for my wife though and it took 1.5 days to settle down.

Ryph

camaro-94-z28
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
he is talking about one of these
http://www.kaceykaderly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Coors-Disposable-Home-Draft-Keg-5.7-liters-0-00-20-29.jpg

RED94Z28
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
F those mini kegs they are garbage. I'm a huge fan of bud light,but i do branch out. I like Erdinger,some leinenkugel's,modelo especial is the shit as well.
Also you cant go wrong with a few jager bombs lol

Nacho SS
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Had one of these yesterday. Croatian beer anyone? Perfect for a hot summer evening.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/panner/IMG_0032.jpg

AronZ28
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Had one of these yesterday. Croatian beer anyone? Perfect for a hot summer evening.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/panner/IMG_0032.jpg

I never buy beer in a green or clear bottle. Light penetrates the bottle and makes it skunky. Really there should be an industry wide ban on clear/green bottles.

180ls1
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
I never buy beer in a green or clear bottle. Light penetrates the bottle and makes it skunky. Really there should be an industry wide ban on clear/green bottles.

I really doubt you can tell the difference on a full bodied beer. Maybe something like a corona or something that has been in the sun for a while. I would imagine a beer like the one above really sees minimal sun time and it really wont be skunky at all.

XtremeBBQ
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
this thread needs a few real beers in it...

http://www.genx40.com/images/2006h/foursaisons.JPG

infinitebird
08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I like coors lite, but it's a joe sixpack beer.

You can't start a thread titled "where are the beer people at" implying you are some kind of beer enthusiast and then make it about coors lite. That's just silly.

That would be like saying "where are the car people at" and then talking about how awesome your ford windstar is.

AronZ28
08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
I really doubt you can tell the difference on a full bodied beer. Maybe something like a corona or something that has been in the sun for a while. I would imagine a beer like the one above really sees minimal sun time and it really wont be skunky at all.

Go get a Heinkein in a bottle, and one in a can. Pour both of them into a cold mug(to eliminate the aluminum can taste), and tell me there isn't a huge difference. Heinkein in a can tastes like your ordinary joe six pack type of lager, out of the bottle it tastes like its gone bad(which it has).

camaro-94-z28
08-19-2010, 05:49 PM
thanks for the sig

Johnny-LT1-runner
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Go get a Heinkein in a bottle, and one in a can. Pour both of them into a cold mug(to eliminate the aluminum can taste), and tell me there isn't a huge difference. Heinkein in a can tastes like your ordinary joe six pack type of lager, out of the bottle it tastes like its gone bad(which it has).

You may be on to something, their 6 packs always taste weird compared to their 12 in a case. That could explain a lot.

180ls1
08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I will have to check into this Heineken experiment thing.

Endersshadow
08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Coors light? Really?! I remember my first beer too. Anybody drink Arrogant Bastard? That's some good stuff.

camaro-94-z28
08-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I like almost any Belgian White beer

AronZ28
08-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Coors light? Really?! I remember my first beer too. Anybody drink Arrogant Bastard? That's some good stuff.

Stone Brewery is great stuff!!!

Ryphraph
08-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Stone Brewery is great stuff!!!

If you anyone ever gets a chance, make a trip to Stone in Escondido, CA. Their Bistro and Gardens are amazing!

Ryph

180ls1
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
If you anyone ever gets a chance, make a trip to Stone in Escondido, CA. Their Bistro and Gardens are amazing!

Ryph

I will second that, if you are ever in San Diego make sure you swing by there.

AznMuscle
08-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Got one in the fridge still, just haven't cracked it open yet.

XtremeBBQ
08-19-2010, 08:58 PM
all this garbage beer talk made me have to go out and get some real beer, not available at 7-11...
http://i38.tinypic.com/4vkdon.jpg
:chug:

AznMuscle
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Never had those kinds of beers. But shit, I want some Shiner right now :/

Endersshadow
08-19-2010, 09:13 PM
all this garbage beer talk made me have to go out and get some real beer, not available at 7-11...
http://i38.tinypic.com/4vkdon.jpg

Clearly you've never heard of Arrogant Bastard.

XtremeBBQ
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
i've had plenty of it. you do realise they sell it at the EXXON next to my house right?

so your gonna compare 1 of 10000 us microbrews to a belgian saison? yehhhh.

;)

Endersshadow
08-19-2010, 09:18 PM
i've had plenty of it. you do realise they sell it at the EXXON next to my house right?

;)

So somehow I should know they sell it at the Exxon near you? How would I know that? That certainly isn't the norm. You can take that Belgian garbage and shove it where the sun don't shine my friend.

porksoda
08-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm a fan of Blue Moon, Shiner on occasion.

That Leinenkugels stuff taste like fruity pebbles. Cool the first time but afterwords it was disgusting.

XtremeBBQ
08-19-2010, 09:29 PM
they sell shiner, stone and fat tire at walmart. just because you've strayed from bud in the can to 'that der knew shitttt thats fancy!' doesnt mean you can talk shit about a saison.....son.

:)

Ryphraph
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM

;)

Stone is still makes great beer even if the sell it at a gas station. However, I prefer American stong and pal ales and IPAs.

Have you ever had anything from The Bruery?

Ryph

Endersshadow
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
they sell shiner, stone and fat tire at walmart. just because you've strayed from bud in the can to 'that der knew shitttt thats fancy!' doesnt mean you can talk shit about a saison.....son.

:)

Last time I checked this wasn't a beer connoisseur website and you and your fancy queer beer are in the minority here. Also...Last time I checked I didn't talk like a Walmart regular redneck. I don't even shop there. I just happened to have tried Arrogant Bastard about 3 years ago and I liked it. A lot.

RikkiTorment
08-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Arrogant Bastard and Railbender on tap at the local bar!! $2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays!! I paid well over $50 a case of Arrogant Bastard on my 21st lol

XtremeBBQ
08-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Stone is still makes great beer even if the sell it at a gas station. However, I prefer American stong and pal ales and IPAs.

Ryph

just looked them up. looks like they have some nice stuff, thanks for the link!

i just cant get into ipa's. i'm more of an imperial stout, dubbel, tripple lover.
but love the lighter stuff with food. love Morimoto Soba ale with food, prob my fave.

RikkiTorment
08-20-2010, 12:38 AM
just looked them up. looks like they have some nice stuff, thanks for the link!

i just cant get into ipa's. i'm more of an imperial stout, dubbel, tripple lover.
but love the lighter stuff with food. love Morimoto Soba ale with food, prob my fave.

Rogue and Victory have incredible Imperial Stouts. The XS Rogue Imperial Stout obviously by Rogue Brewery, and then Storm King Stout by Victory Brewering. But just about anything by these two breweries is either "pretty good" or better.

AronZ28
08-20-2010, 01:21 AM
I've found that New Belguim is BY FAR the best beer you can buy at Wal-Mart or the grocery. Fat tire is great, and I just had their fall seasonal brew, Hoptober fest. It lives up to the name, very hoppy, complex, clean tasting.

As far as the dark stuff goes, you can't beat Samuel Smith IMO. Oatmeal Stout and the Taddy Porter are excellent.

And if you love wheat beer, those damn Germans at Schneider-Weisse are simply gods. Their wheat doppleboch, Unser Aventius I think, is arguably the best beer I've ever drank.

deft
08-20-2010, 10:13 AM

It's all just different strokes for different folks.....calling Stone a dime-a-dozen US microbrew makes you sound like a fancy beer snob just to seem different.....and you can't get your morimoto soba at EXXON right next to the Arrogant bastard?

That being said, I have both favorite Belgium beers and US microbrews, I bet you'd love this local restaurant I have in my hometown....check out this beer list http://www.cafebruges.com/beer_list/

Each beer is like $8+ but with ABV's like that, I only need a few and I can safely stumble to my house :)

Ryphraph
08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I drink a lot of Belgian beers and they are great but not my favorite.
I work a block away from this place and have left a lot of my wages there...

http://www.thebackabbey.com/page3-9/Beer

Ryph

Z Fury
08-20-2010, 01:49 PM

Ryph

That looks like a shrine of alcoholic awesome. :chug:

Ryphraph
08-20-2010, 02:16 PM
That looks like a shrine of alcoholic awesome. :chug:

The burgers are awesome there too! Have you ever been to Three Floyds? They make my favorite beer! I was there a couple years ago and can't wait to get back there some day.

Ryph

Ryphraph
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
It's all just different strokes for different folks.....calling Stone a dime-a-dozen US microbrew makes you sound like a fancy beer snob just to seem different.....and you can't get your morimoto soba at EXXON right next to the Arrogant bastard?

That being said, I have both favorite Belgium beers and US microbrews, I bet you'd love this local restaurant I have in my hometown....check out this beer list http://www.cafebruges.com/beer_list/

Each beer is like $8+ but with ABV's like that, I only need a few and I can safely stumble to my house :)

That looks like a great place and it has 2 beers that I really like Kwak and La Chouffe.

Ryph

Z Fury
08-20-2010, 03:07 PM
The burgers are awesome there too! Have you ever been to Three Floyds? They make my favorite beer! I was there a couple years ago and can't wait to get back there some day.

Ryph

I have heard of them, but the demand up there is pretty big, so I've never actually been there. I'll have to check it out though.

AronZ28
08-21-2010, 12:46 AM

Ryph

I am so going there if I'm ever in southern Cali:chug::chug::chug:

deft
08-23-2010, 11:36 AM
That looks like a great place and it has 2 beers that I really like Kwak and La Chouffe.

Ryph

Nothing compared to your list! In my defense mine is located in a pretty culturally devoid portion of America ;)

I'll have to keep an eye out for those that you mentioned, I know only a little about the belgium scene and mostly just try stuff that sounds dark and high output :)

ChandlerMotorsports
08-23-2010, 02:17 PM
http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_s6/assets/widget_dg3bpNvE9hj7iZvtCxfrpe.jpg

180ls1
08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_s6/assets/widget_dg3bpNvE9hj7iZvtCxfrpe.jpg

I have never put fruit in my beer, or wait is that a daiquiri? Just busting your balls.

ChandlerMotorsports
08-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I have never put fruit in my beer, or wait is that a daiquiri? Just busting your balls.

Yeah I get it all the time. I'm just into the wheat beers. Sam Adams Cherry, Hacker-Pschorr, Blue Moon :engarde:

00FlowCamaro
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Their Summer Shandy is damn delicious ^

thunderstruck507
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
the sunset wheat tastes like fruity pebbles cereal...

I like pretty much every other wheat I've tried but that was gross

MTN_Z
08-24-2010, 01:34 PM

Ryph

I'm just up the street from the The Back Abbey as well. Definitely spent some money there! :nod:

Z Fury
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Fat tire is great

Just tried a 6-pack of this stuff. I will respectfully disagree. Searching for my next 6-pack to try...

My current favorite is Sam Adams Summer Ale, and Golden Cap (http://newhollandbrew.com/corp/menu/drink/beers/10/) from the New Holland Brewing Co.

180ls1
08-24-2010, 02:27 PM

Ryph

Had a keg of Stone IPA at my buddies going away party this weekend, had to go back yesterday to help finish it off. Good stuff :chug:

Vendetta
08-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Leinenkugels are nasty. All that fake, added flavor makes it taste like a sugary ass breakfast cereal.

signal12
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Publix by me has the Sam Adams Octoberfest in 12 packs.
It's good in bottles, but way better on tap. Guess it's that time of year.

AronZ28
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Publix by me has the Sam Adams Octoberfest in 12 packs.
It's good in bottles, but way better on tap. Guess it's that time of year.

My Publix had Sam Adams Octoberfest stacked up past my head in a huge display about the size of my kitchen.

Also crazy that you can buy Arrogant Bastard in a gas station. Around where I live you have to buy it at a liquor store because of the high ABV.

Drinking a Samuel Smith Taddy Porter right now, delicious:chug:

Z Fury
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Leinenkugels are nasty. All that fake, added flavor makes it taste like a sugary ass breakfast cereal.

I almost bought a 12-pack sampler of this last night. Now I'm glad I didn't.

santiago
08-25-2010, 10:07 AM
need to change thread title to 'where all the horse urine people at!'.
since its been lab proven coors lite is 2 molecules away from it.

I like coors light but I also enjoy chugging 22oz arrogant bastards.

Vendetta
08-25-2010, 02:16 PM
I like coors light but I also enjoy chugging 22oz arrogant bastards.

You're doing it wrong.

thunderstruck507
08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
I love trying all the Octoberfest beers this time of year...by far my favorite style (if its even its own really...I'm not a beer expert nor do I pretend or care to be)

Vendetta
08-25-2010, 06:05 PM
I love trying all the Octoberfest beers this time of year...by far my favorite style (if its even its own really...I'm not a beer expert nor do I pretend or care to be)

It is... Oktoberfest AKA Marzen.

beerwhiskeyjoe
08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
noobs

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/devils%20backbone.jpg

http://www.simplybeer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/realale_phoenixx2.jpg

AznMuscle
08-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Devil's backbone....like a step up, or different style (fuck if I know) then Devil's ale? Same micro brew?

AronZ28
08-25-2010, 08:03 PM
noobs

http://www.simplybeer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/realale_phoenixx2.jpg

MMMM, 1977 Trans Am beer:D:D:D:chug::chug::chug:

HoLLo
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Franziskaner is my beer of choice. Gold label.
http://www.beershop.com.mk/images/piva/germanija/franziskaner_pivo_namesec.jpg

Ryphraph
08-26-2010, 12:38 AM

I didn't like any of the flavored ones either and never want fruit in my beer, but their red was actually pretty good.

Ryph

Ryphraph
08-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm just up the street from the The Back Abbey as well. Definitely spent some money there! :nod:

Ever make it out to The Buffalo Inn?

Ryph

Ryphraph
08-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Nothing compared to your list! In my defense mine is located in a pretty culturally devoid portion of America ;)

I'll have to keep an eye out for those that you mentioned, I know only a little about the belgium scene and mostly just try stuff that sounds dark and high output :)

The're strong but good!

Ryph

Mr Incredible
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Nobody should diss another person's beer tastes. You can call 'em a pussy for not exploring the possibilites, though.

I've had beer around the world and been brewing my own for fifteen years. I love beer. But I still buy PBR, Bud, and Miller. It's all about a style and what you feel like having.

It's like talking bad about someone because they like blondes and you prefer brunettes. It just doesn't make sense. Sometimes I want a blonde, sometimes a redhead, sometimes a brunette, and sometimes shaved. It's all better than nothing.

thunderstruck507
08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Nobody should diss another person's beer tastes. You can call 'em a pussy for not exploring the possibilites, though.

I've had beer around the world and been brewing my own for fifteen years. I love beer. But I still buy PBR, Bud, and Miller. It's all about a style and what you feel like having.

It's like talking bad about someone because they like blondes and you prefer brunettes. It just doesn't make sense. Sometimes I want a blonde, sometimes a redhead, sometimes a brunette, and sometimes shaved. It's all better than nothing.

that's my thought on the subject

pure beer snobs annoy me...sometimes I want a light POS, sometimes I want something extremely dark and coffeelike, and sometimes I like something with a slight fruit bit like Purple Haze (raspberry wheat from LA)

-Ross-
08-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Well said.

Ryphraph
08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Well said.

X2

Ryph

MTN_Z
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Ever make it out to The Buffalo Inn?

Ryph

I haven't been in many years, but I'm very familiar with it.

Ryphraph
08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I haven't been in many years, but I'm very familiar with it.

My money goes a bit farther there than the Back Abbey...

Ryph

shiv15
08-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm no expert on beer but I do enjoy anything dark. Lighter beers... especially coors light eww. :barf:

AronZ28
08-27-2010, 02:27 AM

I will say I do occasionally enjoy a good old Bud heavy, PBR, or Yuengling, especially on tap. I'll give anything a whirl that doesn't have the word LIGHT on it. Those are real tasty beers when its 1 billion degrees outside and you are mowing the lawn, sometimes you just crave something cheap and dirty. :chug:

LS1Adam84
08-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Ok on a friends bday I tried the Stone anniversary porter adn it was a 2009 porter, this was a great beer, very full of flavor. The only other that comes to mind is one that was made in 2008 and was amazingly smooth, I will get the maker of it but you all have little baby beer compared to the beer we tested on his bday.

I just drank some BJ's Brewhouse Pirahnna Pale Ale tonight it is a decent pale ale the Jeremiah Red is great but settles hard if you drink more than two pints.

LS1Adam84
08-27-2010, 02:49 AM

Amen good sir, I drink a coors light infrequently but I still drink a coors light.

Mr Incredible
08-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm a cheap bastard but like good beer. Those don't always go together. But I have a way of extending good beer. I'll explain.

When I first started making my own beer it didn't always turn out so well. Likewise, when I was experimenting with dark and/or heavy beer they were sometimes on the edge of drinkable, but way too good to throw away. I had the bright idea of mixing it with some good beer to try to make my money back. It worked pretty good. It wound up being very drinkable beer that was better than standard U.S. pale, fizzy beer and retained a good deal of what I was trying to make.

These days when I'm between batches of homebrew I mix a BudMillerPBR with a nice IPA. The resulting beer retains an enormous amount of flavor and bitterness from the IPA, yet is much more drinkable than a standard beer.

A body could do this with any number of beers if they have some free time and an open mind.

Texas Heat
08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
After reading this thread I decided to start experimenting and broadening my scope of beers. I am normally a bud/bud light type of guy, but I picked up some of this:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn313/abuelos_2004/Black_WP_800x600.jpg
I didnt try one yesterday but I plan on it tonight. Will post my results.

Mr Incredible
08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
All in the spirit of extending the knowledge of the human condition.

Salute'. :chug:

FST SS
08-27-2010, 11:49 AM
nothing wrong with an ice cold bottle of COORS LIGHT. :chug:

therobman
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Shiner bock is awsome had it in tx when i went to a cowboys game

stumprrp
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree on having a style beer depending on your mood, some nights i want a heavy chocolate or coffee stout, other days a fruity summer ale, and some days i just want to keep pounding a dozen plus miller or coors light.

AronZ28
08-28-2010, 01:40 AM
^ I still don't get how you all drink Miller Lite/Coors Lite/Keystone Lite, etc. All those taste like is a Bud heavy that somebody diluted with water, just no flavor at all. If I'm out to get hammered, well I just usually stick to scotch, rum, or vodka.

Beer is something to be appreciated and consumed in moderation. A good buzz is a nice side effect, but is not the sole purpose of drinking them IMO. Although I'm kind of a heavyweight drinker, 3 strong beers in an hour doesn't faze me one bit.

180ls1
08-28-2010, 10:14 AM
^ I still don't get how you all drink Miller Lite/Coors Lite/Keystone Lite, etc. All those taste like is a Bud heavy that somebody diluted with water, just no flavor at all. If I'm out to get hammered, well I just usually stick to scotch, rum, or vodka.

Beer is something to be appreciated and consumed in moderation. A good buzz is a nice side effect, but is not the sole purpose of drinking them IMO. Although I'm kind of a heavyweight drinker, 3 strong beers in an hour doesn't faze me one bit.

I like good craft beers as much as the next guy but i can still enjoy the cheap light beers, they have their place.

AznMuscle
08-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Shiner Bock is one of my favorite beers, but I have yet to have the Black.

Z Fury
08-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Working on a 6-pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest this week. Not horrible, but not my favorite. It definitely has a kick to it though. I may try Shiner Bock next, since everyone keeps mentioning it.

RikkiTorment
08-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm drinking a Sunrise by Victory as I write this up, not a huge fan of wheat beers but I can definitely appreciate when it's needed... Like what I am drinking now! :D

But all of this talk about Sam Adams without a mention of their Black Lager, or Chocolate Bock?!

I also had a Stegmaier Porter the other night. It tasted like semi-sweet chocolate covered pretzels with a roastiness to it.

AronZ28
08-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Working on a 6-pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest this week. Not horrible, but not my favorite. It definitely has a kick to it though. I may try Shiner Bock next, since everyone keeps mentioning it.

Don't waste your $$$$, its okay, but kind watery IMO. Try Sierra Nevada Pale Ale(or anything they make, haven't had a bad brew from them).

RikkiTorment
08-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Don't waste your $$$$, its okay, but kind watery IMO. Try Sierra Nevada Pale Ale(or anything they make, haven't had a bad brew from them).

Sierra Nevada, Rogue, Victory, you can't go wrong with any of those. I haven't had a beer from either of them that I haven't enjoyed.

180ls1
08-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Had my first Dogfish head Palo santo something? I cant remember but damn that beer has some balls to it. I want to try the 90min IPA next time

skywalkrNCSU
08-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Had my first Dogfish head Palo santo something? I cant remember but damn that beer has some balls to it. I want to try the 90min IPA next time

Palo Santo Maroon, and yes, that beer definitely has some serious kick to it. The 90 min IPA is probably my favorite beer of all time so you should absolutely give that a try. If you really want an experience check out the 120 minute...it isn't that enjoyable but worth doing once.

dantastic01SS
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Palo Santo Maroon, and yes, that beer definitely has some serious kick to it. The 90 min IPA is probably my favorite beer of all time so you should absolutely give that a try. If you really want an experience check out the 120 minute...it isn't that enjoyable but worth doing once.

DFH 90 Min FTMFW. :chug:

Texas Heat
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Shiner Black Lager tasted like a mug full of shit and piss. Just sayin....

-Ross-
09-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Go pick up a 6-pack of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. It's tasty for a beer you can pick up at pretty much any local grocery store.

If you want something dark, I'd also recommend Abita Turbodog.
http://perfectwomanwannabe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Abita.jpg

78novacaine
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM

I remember my first beer :D

Noxious
09-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I prefer Guinness Draught....and I've mostly filled up my Taco Mac Brewniversity card....but...

When on a budget or in hot weather I drink coors light. Especially if I'm drinking to feel something. I prefer it over other budget light domestic beers....and it comes in a nifty cooler 30 pack combo here. Just add ice.

I've had similar bad luck with other mini kegs.

Texas Heat
09-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I remember my first beer :D

Lol not even close, but I do appreciate the humor! :chug:

beerwhiskeyjoe
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Yeah there are deff better dark lagers out there, I mostly like Shiner but Black and Shiner Blonde are nooo good.

Hey its not a specialty beer but come down here in this central Texas humidity and August heat, work 10 hours a day outside or crawling around in someones attic, and Bock starts getting mighty tasty at the end of the day.

180ls1
09-02-2010, 12:26 AM

I dont know if bevmo has the 120, i just looked it up and saw its 18% abv :eek:
I think your right it is just something to try or say that you have had.

Ya I think the 90min ipa is in order once i get through the rest of the Maroons, i still have 3 left :chug:

RED94Z28
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM

You think 3 beers an hour is heavy weight beer drinker status lol. You wouldnt last 2 hours with me and my friends

skywalkrNCSU
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
You think 3 beers an hour is heavy weight beer drinker status lol. You wouldnt last 2 hours with me and my friends

Cool story bra :thumb:

You must have missed the part where it said strong beer. Bud heavy doesn't count as a heavy beer btw ;)

Gaunt
02-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Delicious
http://legalbeer.com/images/north%20coast%20old%20rasputin.jpg

Also quite delicious
http://www.theperfectlyhappyman.com/uploads/youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

00FlowCamaro
02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
^ Dear Jesus that looks thick as shit!

Gaunt
02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Light can't be seen through the Old Rasputin. In that first pic, the camera's flash isn't penetrating it whatsoever.

Gaunt's_Girl
02-09-2011, 04:26 PM
^^As you would say, baby jesus frowns upon bumping old threads!

OT:
I'm not a fan of the beers with a ton of spice and don't have a taste for most dark beers.
I usually enjoy Dos Equis Amber, Blue Moon, and Sam Adam's. The only college people beer I'll drink is Miller Lite.

And anything from Four Peaks is exceptionally delicious, including my favorite, Four Peaks Peach Ale :D

180ls1
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
^^As you would say, baby jesus frowns upon bumping old threads!

OT:
I'm not a fan of the beers with a ton of spice and don't have a taste for most dark beers.
I usually enjoy Dos Equis Amber, Blue Moon, and Sam Adam's. The only college people beer I'll drink is Miller Lite.

And anything from Four Peaks is exceptionally delicious, including my favorite, Four Peaks Peach Ale :D

girls seem to love those fruity beers for whatever reason.

454navyss
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM
i like beer...Bud Light for me

Gaunt's_Girl
02-09-2011, 06:10 PM
girls seem to love those fruity beers for whatever reason.

I don't actually. The peach ale is the exception :chug:

AronZ28
02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
^ I've had both of those, and that Old Rasputen has to be in my top 10 beers of all time. Good stuff.:chug:

Gaunt, if you haven't tried it, go get a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I think I could pour that beer out on the counter and cut it with a knife its so thick.

Charlie Hustle
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I only read a few posts in the first page, but I bet you I can tell you how the other 7 pages went...

Poster - I like Miller Lite/Coors Light/any other light beer....

Everyone else - light beers suck, you suck for drinking them, and the only kind of beer to drink is dark! The darker and the thicker, the better.

Every single beer thread is always the same, God forbid someone actually likes a light beer, or doesnt want to spend an arm and a leg just to get wasted and smash some ugly girls :eyes:

Gaunt
02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
^ I've had both of those, and that Old Rasputen has to be in my top 10 beers of all time. Good stuff.:chug:

Gaunt, if you haven't tried it, go get a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I think I could pour that beer out on the counter and cut it with a knife its so thick.

Oh I've had a few Sam smith oatmeal stouts, and they are pretty good ;P

78novacaine
02-09-2011, 08:41 PM
That YOungs Double Chocolate is one of my all time favorites, as well as the Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout. I also like Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager and Cream Stout, Saint Arnolds Christmas Ale and Oktoberfest, pretty much anything made by Shiner besides the Hefeweisen and Smokhaus, Paulaner Oktoberfest, Dos Equis Ambar, and a few others that I cannot think of at the moment.

But at the same time, the majority of what I drink when I am out is Bud Light, and for parties it's either Bud Light, Bud Select, or Keystone, I love my good beers but am not picky when it comes to gettin drunk :lol:

Dope
02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Saying the color of a beer makes it taste good or bad is absurd! There are VERY full bodied beers out there that are crystal clear and light colored like Coors and such...then there are VERY dark beers that have light bodies and drink easily like the swill that comes in aluminum cans. That's not to say all aluminum can beers are bad (Oskar Blues is the only exception to the rules I've found) though!

21st amendment has some decent cans too.

Love me some TEN Fidy though. Gotta be the thickest stout I've ever had.

Dope

180ls1
02-10-2011, 12:03 AM
That YOungs Double Chocolate is one of my all time favorites, as well as the Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout. I also like Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager and Cream Stout, Saint Arnolds Christmas Ale and Oktoberfest, pretty much anything made by Shiner besides the Hefeweisen and Smokhaus, Paulaner Oktoberfest, Dos Equis Ambar, and a few others that I cannot think of at the moment.

But at the same time, the majority of what I drink when I am out is Bud Light, and for parties it's either Bud Light, Bud Select, or Keystone, I love my good beers but am not picky when it comes to gettin drunk :lol:

you should come party out here, we had a keg of arrogant bastard at my buddies pad for his party since the Stone brewery is only 15mins away.

CHRRRIS
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM

Smart man ^

With the assistance of Bud Light I just played some epic games of dart cricket.

1WICKDZ
02-10-2011, 10:33 AM
My absolute 2 favorites.

Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dunkel
Franziskaner hefe-weisse dunkel (Hollo, try the dunkel (dark) version of the Franzi if you can)

78novacaine
02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
you should come party out here, we had a keg of arrogant bastard at my buddies pad for his party since the Stone brewery is only 15mins away.

San Diego is a LOOOONG way from Houston, even if there is a keg of Arrogant Bastard and the fights are on :lol:

Smart man ^

With the assistance of Bud Light I just played some epic games of dart cricket.

I have played many epic shuffleboard, pool, and dart games with the assistance of bud light, and occasionally shiner bock if the bar I am at offers it for the same price :D :chug:

My absolute 2 favorites.

Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dunkel
Franziskaner hefe-weisse dunkel (Hollo, try the dunkel (dark) version of the Franzi if you can)

Ooooooh, I forgot about Warsteiner Dunkel - aka Drunken Ale to me and some buddies since they serve it for the same price by the pitcher as every other beer at one local bar :thumb:

Chrisingermany
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
I am in Germany right now...that is all I have to say about that

deft
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I am in Germany right now...that is all I have to say about that

Not to be a jerk, but Germany has a gentlemen's agreement to make relatively bland beer.

From Wikipedia: "German beer is brewed in adherence to the Reinheitsgebot which only allows water, hops and malt as ingredients."

78novacaine
02-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Not to be a jerk, but Germany has a gentlemen's agreement to make relatively bland beer.

From Wikipedia: "German beer is brewed in adherence to the Reinheitsgebot which only allows water, hops and malt as ingredients."

And you really think that they haven't mastered creating flavorful beers from those 3 ingredients? It's not like they all have to use the same barley and hops, or the same quantities, a truly talented brewmaster should not need more than those key ingredients to produce an excellent beer :engarde:

PS: Not ALL German beers follow that agreement :thumb:

slowmofo
02-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Delicious
http://legalbeer.com/images/north%20coast%20old%20rasputin.jpg

Also quite delicious
http://www.theperfectlyhappyman.com/uploads/youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

Man with taste

I have found that as I have gotten a bit older my taste for beers has changed for sure. I used to drink nothing but budlight, but now I will try everything, and usually like porters the most.

180ls1
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I have found that as I have gotten a bit older my taste for beers has changed for sure.

Agreed, i love a beer that you can still taste towards the end of it. All these light beers seem to taste like fizzy water by the time your near the bottom.

technical
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I live pretty close to some great breweries: Victory, Yards, Lancaster.
I like Victory Storm King.

If you can get it, Yards Ales of the Revolution.
http://www.yardsbrewing.com/ales_general-washingtons-tavern-porter.asp

I found a nice Brown Ale from Abita called Turbodog.
http://www.abita.com/brews/turbodog.php

There's a Rock Bottom near me in the King of Prussia mall. Their Naughty Scot (Scottish Ale) is my favorite.

I also like barley wine. Dogfish Head has 'Olde School Barleywine' which was pretty good.
http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/olde-school-barleywine.htm

Mr Incredible
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM

And when I make my beer I only use those same four ingredients. But it's how much of what you use and with what special handling that will make a light beer or a beer that will kick your ass.