Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need After Y-Pipe Flow Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need After Y-Pipe Flow Suggestions

Ive decided that my current exhaust system isnt flowing as well as I need it to for my current setup. I do want to keep the y-pipe due to being lowered a little. I just need some suggestions on what will flow the best. I really want to go with the 4" mufflex system with a magnaflow, or a dumped bullet in the I-pipe, but i dont know which will flow better and still sound decent. keep in mind this is still a street car, and will be taken on a road trip time to time..

my current setup is:
forged 370
ls3 heads/intake
big cam
1 7/8 headers
ypipe with non-mandrel bent catback with a crapmaster 40series

if this idea has been beat to death please post a link, as i cannot find any reviews on the 4"mufflex vs. a dumped bullet...thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you hit the nail on the head. mufflex with the magnaflow. OR the set up in my sig plus a 4" cut out. either would get you the desired result i believe.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a dynatec splitflow dumped with a 3" in/4" out flowmaster merge and its pretty loud. I would say that a similar ypipe with a mufflex system would be good for a car thats driven alot since it does all the way out the back. My dumped exhaust has alot of drone and is a little too loud for a DD type deal in my opinion but i dont drive it alot so its not that bad