Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overheating issues(searched)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation overheating issues(searched)

Yes,ive searched.And no one seemed to have started a topic on it,if they had someone ran into this.This is a LS1/T56 swap

well,ive been driving my car here and there,short distances.i have mechanical gauge(i heard they were more accurate).now,my temp goes up to 235 and a little above so i shut it off and the hoses go flat after a few minutes..the temp is at 235 or 240 when im driving or idling.i have done a coolant flush,replaced thermostat,and even changed my radiator setup to an all aluminum 29x18x3 radiator.i have a 3.8 taurus fan hooked up on high and turns on at 195 degrees.now im thinking my water pump is bad or my fan is not pushing enough air.

(3 hous later)

ok.well i just tried to bleed out the radiator.i noticed my top radiator hose is hot,the lower radiator hose is cold, also the coolant in the filler neck was cold,like room temperture(i put my finger in the coolant)and the car got up to 240.so im assuming the t-stat i bought is defective? i also noticed,i was looking into the filler neck for the coolant to flow,and it didnt flow.

anyone ran into this? any advice?

thanks guys
Old 08-21-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the hoses are as you say the thermostat is not opening. Replace the stat and be aware that several people have had issues with air locks that prevented the stat from opening, you may want to drill a small hole near the top of the stat (like the old school stats used to have) to bleed air.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure u have air out of ur system.....best thing i could tell ya