LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

motor wont turn over?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor wont turn over?

I'm having a lot of trouble with my car and it seems to be one thing after another. I just recently put the efi connections kit on my car. I had the car for 4 days b4 it took a crap on me. The car was having no problems at all and out of no where boom it doesn't turn over. I stopped to get gas and when I went to turn the car over it wouldn't. It acted like a bad battery but it wasn't. You could here the starter trying to turn the motor over but it wouldn't do it at all. I ended up smoking the starter and thinkin that it got heat soaked I thought the starter was my problem so I replaced it and still no start. I manually turned the motor to make sure it wasn't seized and no problem there. So I what I found was that my rear driver side injector was dumping fuel in the cylinder when the car was on acc power. So I believe I hydro-locked that cylinder. I have not gotten a full rotation out of the motor so I know there are no bent roads. But still I want to know what could have caused this. Does anyone out there have any ideas for me? The car is in the shop but I want to get some opinions and help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull that plug on the cylender getting the fuel in it, pull the ign power and see if it turns over with the key.