Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Introducing myself to get post counts for classifieds lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing myself to get post counts for classifieds lol

At least thats how it usually goes on vbulletin forums lol.
Whats going on everyone. Been a huge camaro fan since i was little. Had myself a 82z28 that I had all done all up body and motor wise(but got rid of it due to rust coming back again and again after two paint jobs.)
Right now i currently have in my garage a
1993 Nissan Sentra se-r turbo'd (old set up trapped around 111mph). NOt ricey at all, repainted it gunmetal and has some nice 15 inch rims. My new set up im hoping to trap around 120mph(gt2871r turbo, 525cc injectors, z32 maf, 3 inch turboback exhaust, blah blah blah)
2003 Nissan Sentra se-r specv-having a high compression n/a motor built. Hopin for around 250whp out of a four cylinder with around 225 ftlbs of torque.
and my new toy i just picked up as i have been wanting for a while(actually wanted a 2001-2002, but already got a ls6 intake coming in)but picked up a 2000 camaro ss 6 six speed. I think it might be a slp addition but have no idea on how to check, came with a bunch of slp already on it, everything looks stock so im guessin the original owner/owners didnt touch anything.
Pics

Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Welcome.

Posts do not count in all sections, this is one of them. For a complete list, please check the FAQ sticky in the User Support & Resources section.

You must have 50 posts/6 months membership to post in the classifieds section. Please remember that these must be meaningful posts, any attempt at post whoring will result in deleted posts, post counter reset, and possibile banning. This is all in attempt to keep scammers off this site and protect the decent and well-intending members of LS1 Tech.

Now that the official stuff is out of the way.....

Nice SS. There are several small mods I can see from the pics, so the car is not 100% stock. The following are mods:

- exhaust tips (possibily the muffler or whole catback as well, can't tell by the pics)
- bowtie badge from tail light panel has been removed (should be just to the left of the SS badge)
- front clip/nose badge replaced
- air lid & air bellow (SLP parts, but not stock)
- MAF
- painted (and possibily worked/replaced) throttle body
- plug wires (looks like MSD or GMPP/LS6)

As for the SS grille, floor mats, chrome 10-spokes, shifter/shifter handle; these could have been original options or they could have been added later. You can verify that the car is a real SS by looking for the RPO code "WU8" on the driver's door jamb sticker. And if the car came with additional SLP options stock (meaning above and beyond the base "SS package"), you'd see the RPO code "Y2Y"; and if that is the case there should also be a supplimental SLP window sticker & door sticker stating such. If you had a hurst shifter stock, you'd see the RPO "BBS".

Also, your center console lid is from a '97-'99 car. Starting in '00, the button on the lid would be black, and the lid color would be as dark as the rest of the console.

Hope that gives you some insight about your new car.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 08-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

welcome and clean ss
Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Welcome.

Posts do not count in all sections, this is one of them. For a complete list, please check the FAQ sticky in the User Support & Resources section.

You must have 50 posts/6 months membership to post in the classifieds section. Please remember that these must be meaningful posts, any attempt at post whoring will result in deleted posts, post counter reset, and possibile banning. This is all in attempt to keep scammers off this site and protect the decent and well-intending members of LS1 Tech.

Now that the official stuff is out of the way.....

Nice SS. There are several small mods I can see from the pics, so the car is not 100% stock. The following are mods:

- exhaust tips (possibily the muffler or whole catback as well, can't tell by the pics)
- bowtie badge from tail light panel has been removed (should be just to the left of the SS badge)
- front clip/nose badge replaced
- air lid & air bellow (SLP parts, but not stock)
- MAF
- painted (and possibily worked/replaced) throttle body
- plug wires (looks like MSD or GMPP/LS6)

As for the SS grille, floor mats, chrome 10-spokes, shifter/shifter handle; these could have been original options or they could have been added later. You can verify that the car is a real SS by looking for the RPO code "WU8" on the driver's door jamb sticker. And if the car came with additional SLP options stock (meaning above and beyond the base "SS package"), you'd see the RPO code "Y2Y"; and if that is the case there should also be a supplimental SLP window sticker & door sticker stating such. If you had a hurst shifter stock, you'd see the RPO "BBS".

Also, your center console lid is from a '97-'99 car. Starting in '00, the button on the lid would be black, and the lid color would be as dark as the rest of the console.

Hope that gives you some insight about your new car.
This might be the most useful post i have ever read lol. I just learned like ten things and will now be going out to my car.
Seriously thanks lol. I knew the exhaust, maf, and intake werent stock unless it was a slp which I'll go check now because you gave me the info(msd wires by the way, good eye). Know idea about the tb, just thought it was like that to match the intake manifold, although I did notice the person before did a tb bypass. There is a worn *** old H on my shifter, still dont know if that was added after or not. I'll have to go check the door right now
Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Teching In

rpm ws6 thanks for the info man, now i deff know its a ss, came with slp options stock and the hurt shifter is stock. It had all 3 of those
Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Glad I was able to help.

Just to clear up any confusion on one thing though.....

Originally Posted by duesmandella
I knew the exhaust, maf, and intake werent stock unless it was a slp
Your intake air lid (the part that says SLP) actually isn't a stock piece, it's the aftermarket SLP lid. SLP did in fact offer an upgraded air lid as an option on new SSs in the later years (it wasn't even offered in 2000 though), but it looks a little different from that one. The SLP lid that would have come stock is called a "blackwing". I don't have a pic of it handy, but you can probably find one if you try a search of that term. The blackwing can only be found used at this point, and is a much higher quality piece than any of the aftermarket lids (they don't increase power any more than your lid though). They usually sell for several hundereds of dollars (2-3 times more than a brand new aftermarket lid).

Either way, being an '00, the only air lid offered stock for your car was the same GM air lid as a base Z28. So that part was definitely installed aftermarket. But the other SLP stuff (grille/floor mats/wheels) were likely all stock since you have the "Y2Y" RPO.

Just a bit more useless LS1 info for you, in case you're interested.