Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

trying to find correct clutch master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to find correct clutch master cylinder

I have a 1998 camaro z28 m6 and I need to replace my clutch master cylinder. The ones they have at the parts store the shaft that hooks up to the pedal is one piece. Mine is two pieces, a shaft and a sleeve, that hooks together with a roll pin. The sleeve is what connects to the pedal and the shaft is the master cylinder. All the ones I look up online look like the one in the parts store. The reason I want to replace it is where the shaft and the sleeve meet where the roll pin is is getting weak and I don't want it to go out where I don't need it to. Currently the roll pin is staying in place by electrical tape. That's just keeping it from falling out. The tape is just for my insurance if the pin falls, which it did before, the pedal goes to the floor. But if I stick that pin back in it is fine. Does anyone have a clue What I am talking about. I hope so I really need some help bad. I need this done quick as TAPE is involved. Lol. I cannot load pictures here from my phone but I can send to ur email. If u just need pics then shoot me a pm with ur email address and I will send pics and hopefully u will see what I am talking about. Help me please. Thanks guys.