Need Some Insurance Advise

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Insurance Advise

A lady ran into the back of my 04 Maxima. Her insurance company sent me a check to fix the damage.

1) The guy at the body shop said the car would be tagged with an accident (carfax) and dealers usually won't take a trade in like that, and said I should file a diminished value claim. What is that???

2) I had a sore neck for about 4 ~ 5 days, but didn't go to the doctor. Should I be comped for that?

Any advise would be very appreciated, I've never had a wreck.....
Old 08-26-2010, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28
A lady ran into the back of my 04 Maxima. Her insurance company sent me a check to fix the damage.

1) The guy at the body shop said the car would be tagged with an accident (carfax) and dealers usually won't take a trade in like that, and said I should file a diminished value claim. What is that???

2) I had a sore neck for about 4 ~ 5 days, but didn't go to the doctor. Should I be comped for that?

1 Yes you need to get about 3 quotes from dealerships around the area.So you can find out what your car would sell for now that it was wrecked.

2 Did you sign anything???

If not go get a attorney he will tell you to go to a doctor.

Make sure you're ok..
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28

1-the insurance co will not pay dv claim unless you cal prove that your vehicle lost value. dv is just a game that a dealership plays so they will not give you that much for a trade in. i work for an insurance co and we had a dv claim and the claimant wanted us to pay him 3k cause the dealership didnt give him that much for his car on trade but they sold his vehicle for retail, kinda f'ed up but he didnt get the dv claim.
do your homework and talk to an atty.
2- how long ago was the accident, if you wait too long they may not pay you that much if any for a bi claim. did you go to the doc after the accident? how bad was the damages to your car? you can file a bi claim just call the ins co and set up a bi claim.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Teching In

o and fyi an atty gets 1/3 for what you get after the doc bills get paid