Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used Diablosport Predator or LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Used Diablosport Predator or LS1 Edit

I have an opportunity to pick up a used Predator and was wondering if anyone knew if I would have any issues getting firmware updates or tunes from Diablosport being that it was second hand. Do they ask for proof of purchase or anything of that sort?

I am torn... I have a 1st gen ATap that is great for logging but that is it. The shop I have been working with said they can use LS1 Edit or the Predator to do the custome dyno tune for my 382.

The only thing I can ever see needing to change is spark advance when I run 100 at the track. Predator can do that.

Please help me decide. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

You can't use a predator on another car, it marries to the vin of the orginal car it was used on.
You can use it as a scan tool only. You won't be able to make any changes to your car with it though.
Originally Posted by LIZ28SS
I have an opportunity to pick up a used Predator and was wondering if anyone knew if I would have any issues getting firmware updates or tunes from Diablosport being that it was second hand. Do they ask for proof of purchase or anything of that sort?

I am torn... I have a 1st gen ATap that is great for logging but that is it. The shop I have been working with said they can use LS1 Edit or the Predator to do the custome dyno tune for my 382.

The only thing I can ever see needing to change is spark advance when I run 100 at the track. Predator can do that.

Please help me decide. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure on the upgrade, as i have a used predator as well, for a scantool.

I have a few friends who have bought them, so if proof of ownership is required, i'll have them send the unit in.

But i would not hold your breath on the upgrade anytime soon.

Ryan
Old 01-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Jancarich - I just pulled up the manual on their website and it confirms what you said.

That stinks. Oh well... I have a ATap already so no need for another scan tool. LS1Edit is looking more attractive now. Thanks for the replies.