LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help! Stuck at TA Nat's - Ignition Fuse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Need Help! Stuck at TA Nat's - Ignition Fuse Issue

This a for a buddy of mine thats from Canada down at the Trans Am Nationals and stuck and needs HELP to get him up and running to get home tomorrow!

I just barley made it to The Nats down here in Ohio and need some quick help...I pulled over to get some food and pulled the key from the ignition and the car kept on running?!?! So I put the key back in and didn't attempt to shut it down again fearing being broken down just outside Detriot.
So I continued on driving for about 100 more miles then the car just died...I found the PCM IGN 15amp fuse blown in the fuse box on the L/S side of the dash, I replaced it with a spare and the car started right away and even the issue with the car still running without the keys was gone...problem now is I can't go more than 5 miles without it blowing the fuse again...I figure it's a bum ignition switch or is there any other part that may cause this fuse to keep blowing?
Any help, links, pictures of anykind would be extemely appreciated right now...also any special tools that may be required, if it's a faulty ignition is there a way to bypass this to get home safe and sound?
I swear this is my last trip down here...last year was a crapped out opti Evil or Very Mad

Quick Reply: Need Help! Stuck at TA Nat's - Ignition Fuse Issue