Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New SFI Approved LT1 Blastcan (Bellhousing)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default New SFI Approved LT1 Blastcan (Bellhousing)

Have any of you guys seen this?
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...rm=698-rm-6023
I was just flipping thru my latest Jegs and saw it.
Cool!
Hmmm.. Just reading the part description... It seems to imply, "Yes fits the LT1... if you use an LS1 style T56..." I suppose that would mean the LS1 style hydraulic throwout bearing as well. I guess it's still a plus since you can get away from the Valeo 'pull' style pressure plates.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The stock LS1 bellhousing bolts to an LT1/SBC/BBC motor, nothing surprising about that. Sounds like you think this involves an LT1-T56 in some way?

The issues come in trying to space back the LS1-T56 input shaft to fit the protruding crank of the LT1,etc. You end up with the shifter/xmem/TorqArm/etc. all pushed back several inches if using an adapter Bell that provides the extra crank spacing.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It's a couple years old.
Nothing about the LT1 bottom end was new... same physical crank, RMS, flywheel balance & pattern.
What is better about the hydro brg?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer a direct fit SFI approved bell for the 93-97 LT-1 with factory pull style linkage. P/N 8760-00
Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Why would someone seeking the safety of a SFI blastcan care if an all aluminum bellhousing would fit? I'm looking for a blastcan for my 6 speed turbo car.

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
The stock LS1 bellhousing bolts to an LT1/SBC/BBC motor, nothing surprising about that. Sounds like you think this involves an LT1-T56 in some way?

The issues come in trying to space back the LS1-T56 input shaft to fit the protruding crank of the LT1,etc. You end up with the shifter/xmem/TorqArm/etc. all pushed back several inches if using an adapter Bell that provides the extra crank spacing.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet! Thanks for posting this.
Originally Posted by Billy M
We offer a direct fit SFI approved bell for the 93-97 LT-1 with factory pull style linkage. P/N 8760-00
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

What's a couple years old?

Why are you mentioning the LT1 crank?

The hydraulic Throw out bearing removes the need for the external mechanical apparatus, is self adjusting (after being properly setup/bled), powerful (tremendous pressure with relatively small pedal movement) and the LS1 T56 is setup for it.

Originally Posted by jmd
It's a couple years old.
Nothing about the LT1 bottom end was new... same physical crank, RMS, flywheel balance & pattern.
What is better about the hydro brg?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
What's a couple years old?
What you started the thread about.
Why are you mentioning the LT1 crank?
In reference to what the bellhousing allows to fit.
The hydraulic Throw out bearing removes the need for the external mechanical apparatus
If the hydraulics need serviced you're a lot more likely the trans. gets pulled.
is self adjusting (after being properly setup/bled)
So are all prior F-body hydraulic masters.
powerful (tremendous pressure with relatively small pedal movement)
compared to what alternatives?
and the LS1 T56 is setup for it.
You'll probably have more clutch choices for a turbo car. I guess there's that.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

I've owned this car since new in 96 and there was never an off the shelf blast can for it, even as recently as 2008. I buy stuff from Jegs all the time and scan the catalogs frequently. This blast can, specifically titled with LT1 in the description is new, and is even denoted as such.

The topic about LT1 blast cans is far older than " a couple of years". It was a topic far beyond the entrance of the LS1. I had a blast can back in the 70's on my small block so this is not something new to me, thanks for your condescension. It's just that after several years of waiting I stopped actively looking. I thought I'd pass word that there is at least an iteration of it. I'm pretty sure all the LS1 guys have figured out all that needs to be done on the setup of the hydraulic TO bearing.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I've owned this car since new in 96 and there was never an off the shelf blast can for it, even as recently as 2008. I buy stuff from Jegs all the time and scan the catalogs frequently. This blast can, specifically titled with LT1 in the description is new, and is even denoted as such.

The topic about LT1 blast cans is far older than " a couple of years". It was a topic far beyond the entrance of the LS1. I had a blast can back in the 70's on my small block so this is not something new to me, thanks for your condescension. It's just that after several years of waiting I stopped actively looking. I thought I'd pass word that there is at least an iteration of it. I'm pretty sure all the LS1 guys have figured out all that needs to be done on the setup of the hydraulic TO bearing.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13794809-post4.html

That's been out for a year or 2 now.

Quick Reply: New SFI Approved LT1 Blastcan (Bellhousing)