Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch sticking please help!..

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default clutch sticking please help!..

ok first off i did read the write up on the sticky clutch problem but it seems like there is no definite answer so here is what my ws6 does, my ws6 started doing this about a month ago or so i noticed the clutch started to feel a bit soft but it wasnt anything major since it didnt catch my attention that much .. but 2 days ago after leaving from a stop light it got stuck halfway . had to raise it up with my foot and for the rest of the way to where i work it felt fine... so i read the posts and i bleed the system the old fluid looked black... put fresh fluid and bleed the system felt a little better but the weird thing is that it only gets stuck if i hold the clutch pedal about halfway ,when i do hold the pedal halfway it starts to feel soft and wont came back up.. but if i dont hold the clutch at that halfway spot it will feel normal and wont get stuck ..o yea and it drives perfect at WOT or cruising ..only when the clutch pedal is held halfway it starts to get soft and sticks ... any advise will help i don't want to start throwing parts at it.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does the same thing. I just bled it with a mity-vac while pumping the clutch and got a whole bunch of air bubbles out, and it felt great, later on in the day it started getting sluggish to come back up again....so i just bled it again tonight and a couple more air bubbles came up so we will see how it holds up tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will be bleeding it the old fashioned way to get all of the black fluid thats probably stuck in the slave....and if that doesn't work...yikes.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thoroughly bled mine like 4 times and no change the fluid is super clean... i am going to bet its my clutch master cylinder i am going to order one tomorrow