LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Intake Manifold Connections

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Manifold Connections

Just getting to the final stages of a motor/trans/pcm/harness swap. New motor assembly is out of a 95 camaro, going into a 93. There are quite a few differences between the two. I took the intake off for painting. I got the egr block off plates bolted on and now it's time for all the sensors and vacuum lines. I have a few pictures prior to me tearing it down, so I should be able to figure it all out, but i was wondering if anyone had a list of all the lines/sensors/other connections that go to the intake. And which side/hole they go to. That way I don't miss anything. I'm deleting EGR and AIR. My headers don't have the AIR connections, so I don't need to plug those. Which holes to plug on my intake/TB?

One other question: below the throttle body, there is a tapped opening in the intake. This hole doesn't exist in my 93 setup and I can't see what it's connected to in my photos. Any one know what this is for?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

to answer all of your questions, if there is a fitting and you dont have anything to go there cap it. the only thing dif is you will have a vented opti and you are going to have to run the two hoses for that. check this out if you never have been here.

http://shbox.com/1/how_tos.html
Old 09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Pass. side: 2 small nipples (giggity)- bottom one goes to FPR vacuum line, top one to A/C vacuum valve (next to PCM if you haven't deleted A/C)

On TB: bottom, pass. side is water sleeve on IAC housing (unless you did TB bypass); top fitting pass. side on TB is CCV line (hose from pass side valve cover.

Driver side: big hole up top goes to Brake booster, big one on bottom goes to med. size one (U-shaped hose) for PCV valve, small vacuum nipple goes to EGR (unless deleted). You can use it for a vacuum line for a vented cap & rotor if you got an MSD cap & rotor kit, etc, or just cap it.

Last one on front under TB is the PCV opening for 95 & up. My 94 is just capped with a threaded plug.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok....

PCV -- The 93 used a U-shaped hose on the PCV Valve on teh drivers side of the manifold that connects to a vacuum port to the vehicle rear of the PCV Valve. The 95 uses a hard line from the PCV Valve to the open port below the throttle body.

Drivers Side Connections: Large port above/behind PCV Valve is the Brake Booster port. Small port to the rear of the PCV (on the 95 manifold) is for the opti Vent. Small port above the PCV (again, on the 95) is for the EGR Valve vacuum source, and can be capped since you deleted it.

Passenger side connections have already been explained.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Connections