Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Engagment

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engagment

I have a 0x2700 new slave was installed when the clutch was installed. Havent even raced this motor yet believe it or not.

In any case. Tonight when cranking it will only crank as if its in gear. It jumped when I turned the key.. I pumped the clutch a few times and stood on it in the floor and it cranked. I do have the stock clutch master cyl on the car. I have a tick in the trunk that I need to get installed. Im hoping thats the problem. Oh yeah after cranking it i drove it and all was fine in 3rd and 4th. When I down shifted to 2nd or 1st it would buck a lot had to sorta ride the clutch in those gears to calm it down.

Anyone have any insight on what this could be?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's engaging just fine, but it's failing to disengage properly. Usually a hydraulic problem due to either component failure or improper bleeding.

Just occasionally it's a failed/defective diaphragm spring in the pressure plate, but you rule out the hydraulics before moving into that area.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks

Im calling tick tomorrow to see if they can pencil me in for wed-fri. If not ill find some local shop to me here in Charlotte.