LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

okaaay

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default okaaay

my car is stupid and makes no sense to me i been having a problem that has been sputter and cutting out and stuff well its wierd its almost only when it heats up that it does that and when i sit and tack up to 1500 or so it will bog its self down then come back then bog down then come back wtf could that be
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its once the car heats up then I would be testing the ICM and if that is good start eyeballing the opti. Fuel pressure is quick to check also, but doesn't seem to fit with your issue. Also when you mean heat up, like 15-20 minutes down the road, or just a few minutes into your trip when it switches between open and closed loop?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

See if the rubber elbow is torn at all. Take it right off and have a look. A vacuum leak right there is common and can lead to all sorts of weird running issues. They usually split right at the TB where the clamp is.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camar0corey
If its once the car heats up then I would be testing the ICM and if that is good start eyeballing the opti. Fuel pressure is quick to check also, but doesn't seem to fit with your issue. Also when you mean heat up, like 15-20 minutes down the road, or just a few minutes into your trip when it switches between open and closed loop?
by heat up i mean 15-20 minutes of running time .. fuel pressure has been checked at filter and at rails good there now recenetly change fuel pump ... how do you test the ICM ? and if it was opti wouldnt it do it all the time ? or could it be hit or miss like it is ?
Old 09-04-2010, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by joelster
See if the rubber elbow is torn at all. Take it right off and have a look. A vacuum leak right there is common and can lead to all sorts of weird running issues. They usually split right at the TB where the clamp is.
i have a trick flow ceramic elbow so thats nt in there any more could it be a vaccume leak somewhere else in the motor .. i have looked around and it doesnt look like anything is loose or not connected
Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the opti could be hit or miss, I just dealt with this problem last week. Came back from vacation, drove to school fine, went to leave school, about 5 minutes into my trip running really choppy. On the way back to school about two hours later fine again. Dealt with that for two days, slapped a new Chandler Opti on there and have had no issues since.

Sometimes Autzone, Advanced Auto, or NAPA can test the ICM, or whatever parts stores you have around, call them to see if they can, a lot of places won't do it anymore, at least around where I am.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

Get a code pull to see if you have optispark resolution codes. Leaky waterpump by chance?

Quick Reply: okaaay