Color Matched Front End

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Matched Front End

I started last night by taking the grill and bumper cap off and started prepping them. Woke up early this morning and took the bumper off and began prepping it. The bumper was in really bad shape. It had 2 very large dents. 1 dent was bad enough to crease the bumper horn in. I was able to repair both almost 100%. I also recently replaced the hood because it was damaged pretty badly. All of the damage was done before i got the truck. I still have to replace the passenger side bedside and do some work on the cab but that will be done once i get another vehicle so i can tear this thing down. All of this is temporary because the truck is getting the 03-05 front end right before i repaint the whole truck. There was never a bumper valence on the truck when i got it so i have to go pick one up this week. Once that is all said and done i think it will look great. Overall im pretty happy with the progress i made today.

The chevy emblem will be going on tomorrow after i get some black paint.

Sorry about the bad pics i finished late. I will get some better pictures tomorrow.

Before:

After:

Old 09-05-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks great !
Old 09-06-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Addict

i think you did a good job lining everything up as close as possible with what you had. its nearly impossible to get it exactly as it left the factory once its been given a good whack. thats unless you spend a lot of extra time and $$ to replace everything and measure every little gap.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
i think you did a good job lining everything up as close as possible with what you had. its nearly impossible to get it exactly as it left the factory once its been given a good whack. thats unless you spend a lot of extra time and $$ to replace everything and measure every little gap.
It still has alot of work before it's perfect. I'm really not gonna mess with it that much since I'm getting a daily driver this week. I Almost have all of the parts for the front end conversion.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of paint/gun are you using? I have some damage to my Z caused by a breakin. Was going to do shaved door handles but if I did, I couldn't get an inspection. Just plan on stripping it down, fixing all the dings and so on, then having someone spray the whole truck. Truck is kind of oppisite though. Have a 6" RCD lift sitting in the garage, then looking towards some 35's.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

damn, i really like those Silverados.

sick truck dude.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great
Old 09-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good- gonna look even better with that new front end tho=
Old 09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redz_02
What type of paint/gun are you using? I have some damage to my Z caused by a breakin. Was going to do shaved door handles but if I did, I couldn't get an inspection. Just plan on stripping it down, fixing all the dings and so on, then having someone spray the whole truck. Truck is kind of oppisite though. Have a 6" RCD lift sitting in the garage, then looking towards some 35's.
This was all with duplicolor cans. I have 3 spray guns but i just did this with the cans since it is temporary.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

i should deff take pics of my friends silverado. its a white single cab with the whole hd conversion dropped super low to the ground with a intimidator wing. looks fukkn sick.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
i should deff take pics of my friends silverado. its a white single cab with the whole hd conversion dropped super low to the ground with a intimidator wing. looks fukkn sick.
needs more LS3 conversion !!!!