Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OE wheels questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OE wheels questions

ok im looking at getting a set of wheels for my 99 z28 off the OE wheels website. Im looking at getting the c6 zo6 wheels with 18x8.5 with 46mm offset in front and 19x10 with 65mm offset in back.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02451-3-1.html

this is link to the wheels.

I was wondering if these will fit with out rubbing? are the OEW wheels made with different offsets than the actual vette wheels? are they made for camaros and firebirds?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Launching!

fronts will work no prob. rears will need at least 1/2 inch spacers. and some inner fender wall beating if ur car is lowered any.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 PM

ok thanks. would it be better to go a size down like 17" front and 18" rear or would it be same problem since both are 10.5 in rear i believe.

Originally Posted by antsls1
fronts will work no prob. rears will need at least 1/2 inch spacers. and some inner fender wall beating if ur car is lowered any.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Launching!

To be honest it is best if u use the same size rims all the way around. Sometimes it will throw off a ABS sensor if they detect a different size rim from front to back I know mine did. In order for it not to throw a code is to have like 30 series in the back and 45 series in the front. That's how my friend "tricked" his ABS sensor into thinking the r the same size. No ABS sux my next set of rims will be 18s all the way around. But it is all ur preference. But they will fit with those spacers. With the spacers u will need either longer studs or the extended thread acorn nut. I think the bottom number of thread count that is safe is 5-7 threads on the studs. Good luck with it if u have any more questions later post me here or shoot me a pm.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM

ok so you reccomend 18" all the way around. i have stock c5 rims now. 18" rear 17" front and I havent noticed abs kick in or not ive slamed the brakes and no abs light goes on. but it stops fine i guess. but i gues putting diff size tires on fron kinda defeats the purpose lol.. so i might just have to go with 18"
all around. Do you know if you can order any wheels on the set with tires or just the ones that they offer?

Originally Posted by antsls1
To be honest it is best if u use the same size rims all the way around. Sometimes it will throw off a ABS sensor if they detect a different size rim from front to back I know mine did. In order for it not to throw a code is to have like 30 series in the back and 45 series in the front. That's how my friend "tricked" his ABS sensor into thinking the r the same size. No ABS sux my next set of rims will be 18s all the way around. But it is all ur preference. But they will fit with those spacers. With the spacers u will need either longer studs or the extended thread acorn nut. I think the bottom number of thread count that is safe is 5-7 threads on the studs. Good luck with it if u have any more questions later post me here or shoot me a pm.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Well u are one of the lucky ones that it didn't trip a sensor. But as far as OEWHeels from what I have seen u can buy tires from them also but there packages r always discounted when they r combo'd. Therefore should be cheaper if u bought one if the packages. U can call them tomorrow and they will answer any question u hhave. Very friendly and informative. As far as being staggered if u aren't tripping a sensor then u should be okay with the 18 19 stagger. So its all personal preference. So u have more options than I really do lol