Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB: LS1 6spd Stock-ish Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: LS1 6spd Stock-ish Car

I'll be in the market in a week or two. Starting a job 40 miles away as opposed to current 0.75 miles away. I need something that gets better gas mileage that I won't hate driving. That I want to fulfill my redneck fantasy of owning a Firebird and a pickup truck at the same time (I did this once in college. awesome.)

REQUIREMENTS:
6spd, good condition, 80k miles or less (preferably less).

PREFERENCES:
Firebird/Trans Am
Red or Black
T-tops
Somewhere near Texas (can work on shipping/pick up though)
Transaction conducted by gorgeous blond with a big rack in a bikini

I don't want any mods. I don't want your super duper loud exhaust- I park in an underground parking garage and a criminal courthouse every day. Only mods that I might want are subframe connectors and sway bars. Everything else makes it worth LESS to me because I need to remove that crap.

TIMING:
I am gonna work 2 or 3 weeks first, make sure I don't hate the job or get fired. After that, I'm pretty much all in.

PRICE:
I'm a bit open, hard to set a price for every car meeting this description. I'll say $10k for a low mileage red t-top TA with SFC and sway bars in great shape sold by my neighbor. That's more or less my limit unless something incredible comes along.

If you want the truck in the sig, I'd be open to a trade + cash, so long as you are aware that you're destroying my fantasy of being a redneck attorney I'd actually make it a pretty sweet deal for you if you save me from the hassle of selling my truck a year or two from now. Plus, it saves me $200/mo between insurance, parking, registration, etc.

Last edited by treyZ28; 09-08-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

okay, so I am looking to buy yesterday. My truck doesn't fit in our parking garage.

Little known fact: the lights hang 1/2" lower on the right side than the left side of the lower level of my parking garage
Old 09-10-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

I have a red 99 SS i'm about to have up for sale. I'm getting the tune ironed out right now buy Steve(Frost). Were about half way done with it, then it should be ready for sale. $10,500. It's a new LS6 and built 6spd t-top car. LMK
Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Teching In

i have an '01 NBM formula firehawk f/s-- 6 spd, ebony leather, t-tops, mac mid lengths, 108k on the odo. asking $9500.

mike.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm willing to sell my '99 Z28 M6, if you're interested. It would be quite a trek to get it to you though. 82K on the clock, pretty much stock, pewter in color with the "sport appearance package" (factory ground kit), gray interior and 20% tinted windows. Only flaws are cosmetic, and probably cheap to fix - it runs perfect. I'd let it go for $8K.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually bought a nice black M6 Z28. Thanks guys!