Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on AIR vaccum hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on AIR vaccum hoses?

Hey guys have a 00' ss and am swapping to ls6, LT's, frost tune, and TSP Y this weekend so while i had some free time today from work i began removal of the AIR and EGR systems to get a headstart this weekend....I am wondering I see two vaccum hoses in the air one coming from the junction for the 3 main hoses that goes into what looks like a solenoid and then another one that comes back behind the manifold it looks like, removing the air system can i just inplug that "solenoid" and remove the two vaccum hoses, If it does go into the back of the manifold I took a peek at my LS6 and didn't really see anywhere on the back it would go so i assume I dont need to plug anything up? Any help is appreciated thanks in advance guys

Just trying to figure out if i should cap the valve on the solenoid from the junction and call it a day or remove the whole solenoid and both vaccum lines and plug wherever the other vaccum line goes to which I believe is the back of the manifold correct? Does that solenoid serve a purpose for anything else which would give me a reason to leave it and the line going behind the manifold?

I did a search got mixed answers on if the solenoid on the drivers side valve can be eliminated and found some answers saying the vaccum hose to the back of the block needs to stay just cap the one from the junction...Just looking for a definet answer and what needs to be plugged if anyone has come across the same thing, i already plugged the hole in my lid so that is done
Old 09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

You can get rid of all of that. Also there is the AIR pump under the Dr. side front clip. Unbolt the vent on that side and you will see it. You can remove this as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Ya i got rid of the pump, hoses and small vaccum hose I am just left with that solenoid and the vaccum hose that goes somewhere behind the manifold, Does it actually go into the manifold and if so will i need to plug a spot on my LS6? Thanks i will just disconnect it and electrical tape it up, only question left is where does the smaller hose go and what needs to plugged on the end of it?