Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What motor mount? 69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What motor mount? 69 camaro

What motor mount will work with a ls engine with hooker headers and hooker mounts. Should i get the tall or short mounts?
Thanks guys.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Great question. Answer it and win an award.

Tall frame mounts or "hats".

The stock mounts work if you play with it and concede to drill out one side to make the holes align.

I would try the Energy suspension mounts that have slots rather than holes to give you some play. Maybe

BBC Chevy Poly Motor Mount 2 3/8

You may end up trying several before you find a winner.

Also, you may want to wire just the tranny part of the harness. Once you get it in, its a problem to get wiring on top of it, eg 4L70E, etc.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Teching In

As you probably know, there were two SBC motor mount towers heights in 1969. The 307/327 used a mount tower that was around 3/8 inch taller than the 302/350 mount tower. I understand that some of this difference is made up in the thickness of the motor mounts. Supposedly back in the day, 350 motor mounts were somewhat thicker than the 307/327 ones. Not sure about now.

This is where I am currently stuck. Started buying parts this week and I don't want to buy something that is not going to work. I wondered which mount towers these aftermarket companies used when they designed their parts. I wonder if they would even know.

The instructions for Transdapt's adapter plates say that shimming may be required to get a proper fit. They sell shims.

Even though they are expensive, I was looking at Chris Alston Chassisworks new LS conversion mounts. They replace both the mount and the mount tower, and I assume that means that everything fits together. These guys do their homework from an engineering standpoint, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work. Again, they are expensive, around $300.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Hooker plates & headers.
My 67 orig came with a 327 & short/wide mount of 2 3/8" measured between the ears. I chose Energy Suspension # 3.1114G poly mounts (2 3/8" exactly).
Energy Suspension makes a mount for 'tall & wide' stands, as well. I believe that # is 3.111(5H?) or somesuch.
Here's a link to mount/stands options...

The link sends you page 5 of "Our detailed swap into a 67 Camaro" Begin with post #81. Also, see page 4/begin at post #78.
thanks to 67rsss & Rodder...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-camaro-5.html

Last edited by gMAG; 09-11-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: more specific!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM
DCx
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

327 frame stands

stock rubber motor mounts

carshop or transdapt engine plates

simple as that. i tried energy motor mounts and they sat too low, oil pan hit the frame. Im running an autokraft pan, and ATS t56 cross member and hydraulics. i run hooker swap headers for a 69 camaro and i needed to dent the #5 tube to clear my steering box and pitman arm.

Quick Reply: What motor mount? 69 camaro